Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wool tartan lining

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
I live in southern Australia, Melbourne to be exact. I would swear by moleskin lining. Here we get four seasos in one day. I don't wear my Jackets in the summer so moleskin is a perfect 3 season lining.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm in Melbourne too. No way could I wear moleskin with 3oz leather. Tried it for a few years - too hot, stiff and uncomfortable could only wear the thing a few days of the year.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Sorry Seb, what I meant to say is if as others mentioned, the light wool is basically the same warmth as the cotton drill, then there's various strategies to get a good fit and appropriate warmth at the same time.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nothing to apologise for Mr Highway. I found your post interesting. I'm just obsessing a little too much about lining material. You see, I rarely need to wear a sweater underneath my coats, but I frequently need to take my leather jacket off because it warms me up too quickly - especially if it is a thick hide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn