Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wormser

RHY

One of the Regulars
I just won a Wormser on Ebay, see auction no. 370156693912. It appears to be in mint condition, but it is my understanding that this company has been out of business for many years. Could this be a new company using this trademark or is this just a lucky find for me?
RHY

duggap

Banned
Wormser was made here in Chattanooga. I can't remember exactly when the company stopped making hats. I want to say late 50s. There is still a store in town called Wormsers but it is just retail only with the usual Baileys and Stetsons. Nothing very special. The older Wormsers were very good hats.

ABrew

New in Town
duggap said:
Wormser was made here in Chattanooga. I can't remember exactly when the company stopped making hats. I want to say late 50s. There is still a store in town called Wormsers but it is just retail only with the usual Baileys and Stetsons. Nothing very special. The older Wormsers were very good hats.

It might have gone out of business I drive by everyday and the blinds are closed and the lights are off. I havent stopped by sense last summer when I inquired about a hat the lady said she would order it and call me, still have not heard from them to this day.

RHY

One of the Regulars
Thanks

Thank you for your comments and information all the way from TN! Have been to Nashville 3 or 4 times, but not Chattanooga. May be some day I will see your town and stop by the store.

Justdog

Practically Family
RHY said:
I just won a Wormser on Ebay, see auction no. 370156693912. It appears to be in mint condition, but it is my understanding that this company has been out of business for many years. Could this be a new company using this trademark or is this just a lucky find for me?
RHY

Got yourself a real sweet well made hat.
Have a Steel blue fedora and a brown fedora both excellent quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic