Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you wear it?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Not keen on the back art, but I love the anchor and Imperial chrysanthamum patch.

Hi Otter!
Not chrysanthemum, but Sakura (cherry blossom; as in 'the kamikaze falls as beautiful as cherry blossom').

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I wouldn't. But on the other hand, it is also quite fascinating that it has always been the Japanese who manufacturer and sell the repro uniforms of those who had bombed them.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't. But on the other hand, it is also quite fascinating that it has always been the Japanese who manufacturer and sell the repro uniforms of those who had bombed them.

Well yeah, it is a bit mental when you think about it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
but I don't drive Mitsubishi...

but what more surprising
oh man... Geocities....it still exists, it's like digging up an internet fossil and instead you find a living specimen

right after this, I'm going to try Tripod, and Angelfire :eeek:

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Kind of reminds me of the incongruity of seeing images of captured aircraft painted in enemy insignia.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Takes some cajones walking around with it on, but disregarding the possible accusation of being unpatriotic, I like it. Still a cool nod to an important element of history. I see the Luftwaffe repros the same way. Though the "Imperial Japanese Navy" is a bit much.

*Oh, I just caught the identity crisis. Idk. Seems people put all kinds of things on A-2s.

Hmm...actually, no, I wouldn't wear it. :/

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Well, I am pretty certain you do not want to pin this onto your back while you are travelling in China.

View attachment 32197

Actually, I wore my A-2 with 23rd FG patches, and one of those blood chits sewn into the front LHS as an inside pocket. No problems at all! The Chinese seem to have a pretty good understanding of (and warmth toward) the 'Flying Tigers'. I guess they hate the Japanese more than they hate Chiang Kai Shek and the KMT?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I've just noticed that the 4 color triangle patch on the left sleeve is the 'Z Flag', which the IJN used as a pre-arranged signal to launch the attacks on Pearl Harbor and Midway without breaking radio silence.

Otter

One Too Many
Actually, I wore my A-2 with 23rd FG patches, and one of those blood chits sewn into the front LHS as an inside pocket. No problems at all! The Chinese seem to have a pretty good understanding of (and warmth toward) the 'Flying Tigers'. I guess they hate the Japanese more than they hate Chiang Kai Shek and the KMT?

I had the leather version of that on a jacket and was followed down a busy Glasgow street by a Chinese lassie reading what was written on my back. I remember one of the other members here had a similar reaction to yours when he wore his jacket in China.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot