Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you wear this in public?

Rooster

Practically Family
Just found this today. It's light blue and grey wool. Is the color a little to obnoxious to be worn in public? If it was cream and brown I'd be a little more comfortable with it. And what's up with the pants, no belt loops or suspender buttons. Big ol' lapels, but I'm gueesing it's a late 70's or 80's product. Am I wrong?
bluesuit1.jpg
[/IMG]
bluesuit2.jpg
[/IMG]

The Wingnut

One Too Many
...as long as it's actually wool and cut / drapes properly. A lot of those '70s suits had a 'thick' quality to the details and cut that looked horrible.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
...I might mention that changing the buttons from the monochrome look to a contrasting color may be a critical detail for steering it away from being obviously '70s. A dark blue or gray horn would probably work.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Indeed. I noticed what a nice pattern that is after I posted it.

...funny thing, I was pretty bald as a baby and a toddler, so my parents nicknamed me Kojak.

I like Tootsie Pops, too.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
No doubt. So many great fabrics and details wasted in that era.

The early '70s weren't so bad, but as the decade progressed, it got so much worse. By the time I was born, the disco era was just starting to bloom and even the more pedestrian fashions were getting horrid.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I don't belive that Brooks Brothers, Hickey Freeman, Oxxford, H.Freeman, etc......went disco. It was those foreign designers.:eusa_doh:

Rooster

Practically Family
I"M MORTIFIED!:eek: I tried the coat and pants on last night to find the pants taper to the knee then flare WAYYYY out to the bottom......They're freakin' BELL BOTTOMS! Oh good Lord!:eusa_doh:
As you folks have pointed out to me , the learning curve is very steep...lol
Now where are my old blue and white spectator platform shoes. Dam they would have gone good with this suit.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Rooster said:
the pants taper to the knee then flare WAYYYY out to the bottom......
They can easily be tapered by a competent tailor for a nominal charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran