Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yet another fashion "aviators jacket"

Otter

One Too Many
I know. But really, I'm trying to be a little more open-minded on it. Would I buy one? No. Would I be mad if the wife did? Dunno. A regular B-3 would look less flattering on a woman, generally speaking. Given what I spend on things, I think I'd leave her be, then order 3 GW's lol
I meant me not you! I am about your age as well, comfortably set in my ways, now excuse me while the nurse wheels me to my Club in my bath chair!

I meant me not you! I am about your age as well, comfortably set in my ways, now excuse me while the nurse wheels me to my Club in my bath chair!
Oh, OK, but...sometimes I think being stubborn is good, other times, I try to open up a bit. AS long as the nurse looks like the ones in the "B-3" above, I see no reason to fight aging lol

fukigen

Familiar Face
I usually like to see things in a positive way, and the price of this jacket provides me some arguments if in the future I order a GW A-2! :) Thanks RL

tonypaj

Practically Family
I usually like to see things in a positive way, and the price of this jacket provides me some arguments if in the future I order a GW A-2! :) Thanks RL

Well, depending on which part of Switzerland you are... I work in Geneva, my A-2 gets about as much action as my B-3. I'd need an even lighter one than an A-2 for spring and fall, and really a lighter one than a B-3 for the winter. Go figure, all I know for sure is that neither one is made for skiing. Anyway, the jacket in this thread is not hugely expensive here in Geneva. I do not know if that is good or bad :)

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Good looking jacket - fits the beautful model perfect, and I like the combination with the other garments she is wearing.

I never would buy a R.L. jacket for that price except my wife would like to get it ...

Regards,

Johannes

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
My wife's just returned from a trip to London, where she actually both saw and tried on the jacket in the RL store.
She said it's very soft - except for the places where they have reinforced with other leather. This leather is very stiff and solid.
All in all - she says - a good quality, well made jacket with a nice fit - but far too expensive for her taste, being what it is. A "look a like bomberjacket" (Those were her words - not mine)
I was happy she thought so and didn't just buy it.

Last edited:

fukigen

Familiar Face
Well, depending on which part of Switzerland you are... I work in Geneva, my A-2 gets about as much action as my B-3. I'd need an even lighter one than an A-2 for spring and fall, and really a lighter one than a B-3 for the winter. Go figure, all I know for sure is that neither one is made for skiing.

Hi neighbour, I live in Geneva (and grew up here as well).
I wore the schott fall and spring and winter as well (with the "fur" liner), and I wore an even more warmer jacket last winter. maybe I am more sensitive to cold [huh]

Anyway, the jacket in this thread is not hugely expensive here in Geneva. I do not know if that is good or bad :)

I was just comparing prices USD2500 for RL B-3-like and USD1200 for GW A-2 (and GW will be custom made :cool: ). It is easy to show these numbers to the "bank account manager" (my wife) :)
And I think you can take the USD price and add 20-30%, you will get the Swiss price...
for ex. the schott 184sml is 660USD (632 CHF) on their website and here you can find it for about 834USD (800CHF)...
(it is incredible how we get f...ed here about this)

still, the model is wearing the jacket beautifully :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner