Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you spend too much time here when?

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I was just checking out ebay and doing the quick scroll thing looking at the little pictures and then I go Oh there is a Rodkins hat and another one too.:D

Jeff

Alex

Practically Family
I was just checking out ebay and doing the quick scroll thing looking at the little pictures and then I go Oh there is a Rodkins hat and another one too.:D

Jeff

Haha yep, that actually just happened to me the other night. You can tell by the way he always takes the pictures. He has my same size of hat, so I wonder if he's the one buying the hats I admire? :]

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also saw one of Rodkins' hats being sold on the bay. It helped that one of the pics was a noggin shot with the addition of a black bar over his eyes lol. Of course, I already knew I spent too much time here. TFL's the first place I check when I wake up and the last thing I check before I go to sleep :rolleyes:.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I think I buy three and get rid of two. I am finally getting a few of those ones that I feel were made for me and getting rid of the rest. I still have about 50 hats and want to get down to 20 or 30. :)

DRB

One Too Many
Rodkins, if you have a spouse, how do they handle having 50 hats? Mine would freak. I have a limit of 8 (pushing for 9).

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Rodkins, if you have a spouse, how do they handle having 50 hats? Mine would freak. I have a limit of 8 (pushing for 9).

She thinks I have twenty. I have a couple of guest bedrooms and I stack boxes underneath the beds in those rooms. She is a big antique fan and gets a kick out of some of the very old hat boxes I have and likes those displayed in certain areas of the house
(with hats in them of course). So basically - they are kind of all over the place. The ones I wear most often are in a very handy location and others I have to work to get at. My plan is to get down to 25 or 30. I am still deciding what I really want to keep and what I think I will "grow into" and what I can part with. It's not helping that I am still buying hats. I'm getting there. Right now I'd say I have about 10 that I will keep for the long haul - you know - the ones that make you go "ahhhh" when you put them on and make you smile when you look in a mirror instead of trying to adjust and rebash them constantly.

SteveAS

Practically Family

Well, with your collection of Optimo and VS hats, you've managed to spend lots of money eight hats. Well played! ;)

I don't have a wife, but I do have a long term girlfriend. I actually went through some of my hats with her yesterday, intending to sell some of the hats I don't wear much, but she discouraged me from selling any because, "they all do something different for you!"

Here's an example . . . I have two nearly identical light grey hats with wide, navy blue ribbons: one is a Dobbs Fifteen with a 2.75" bound brim and the other is a Resistol Kitten Finish Fifteen with a 2.5" Cavanagh edge. I'd resolved to sell the Dobbs, but she wanted me to keep them both.

I think I'll keep her (and the hats)! :love:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't have a wife, but I do have a long term girlfriend. I actually went through some of my hats with her yesterday, intending to sell some of the hats I don't wear much, but she discouraged me from selling any because, "they all do something different for you!"

Women have their hair for an adornment, men have hats. I think that's the way nature intended for it to be.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
My idea of a relaxing afternoon is shining my shoes, brushing my hats, and sewing suspender buttons on the few remaining pairs of trousers that haven't yet been so modified.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I pay for all of my hats with money I make building custom fishing rods (which is a side-job and hobby - not my normal 40 hour per week gig) so the only beef my wife has with my hats is the taking up space in the house and worrying about people coming over and thinking we are the "crazy hat people"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner