Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

18th century people

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DSC03273.jpg

Three of my friends and I took a short trip to Williamsburg this past weekend. We had a great time eating/drinking in the taverns. Here we are at the Kings Arms Tavern (I'm the big guy on the left).

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I'm about 3/4 through James Grant's wonderful bio of our second president, "John Adams, Party of One". I also in the last couple of years have read several other great books on the period. I have slowly felt gropwing inside me the desire to own a full outfit comparable to the plain suit Adams or Franklin would have worn, plus, of course, a good quality three cornered hat. I have links, somewhere, to a couple companies that make good ones.
Soooo cool!

Isis

One of the Regulars
Long time since anyon eposted here, I see. But I do 18th century too and make my own clothes.

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3461-1.jpg

Linn168040.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I have done a bit of living history over at the Claude Moore Colonial Farm park in McClean Va. Cool place. It is a working(ish) 18th century tobacco farm.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
When I lived on the east coast, I used to do Revolutionary reenactments as well as even earlier (aka Roger's Rangers). Nothing says manly power like a tomahawk and a musket. ;)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well I've built four front stuffers from kits and had at one time a persona as an eastern long hunter. Made most of mu gear and learned to track and hunt via Mark Baker in his series in Muzzleloader Magazine. I spent a good part of two years playing with the AMM out in California as well. It was a lot of fun and would like to get into the competitive flintlock shooting again.

Cheers!

Dan

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I used to do some 18th Century Russian fur trader trekking back in college. I also used to dress in 18th century clothing every day, 24/7 in college, took my notes in class with a feather quill dipping it in ink etc. Others guys get an earing or a tattoo, I wore knee breeches, go figure...

Dan'l

Practically Family
My wife and I have been doing a middle-ground (KY) frontier family persona for nearly six years now. I carry a .50 Jackie Brown and over the years we've put together a good kit (so we feel) for our persona. Our son has been "reenacting" all three years of his life and he tends to "steal" the show from mom and dad, which is fine with us.
Martin's Station in SW Virginia is our favorite site but we seldom get to go there because of the distance. We are mainly in Indiana and KY.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I don't do reenacting or anything or the sort, but I was almost an 18th-century historian! In graduate school, I began focusing on women's roles during the American and French Revolutions. But the fact that I didn't speak or read French would have hindered me greatly in my research and as I didn't have the time to learn French properly, I almost went with just women's roles in the American Revolution. But then the WW2 bug bit me and that, as they say, was that.

I still am torn at times between my love of the 18th century and the Golden Era. I am fascinated with the Colonial Era and American Revolution. Working at Colonial Williamsburg would be another dream come true.

Dan'l

Practically Family
^^^
for me, the 18th century is a hobby but the Golden Era is more of a lifestyle, that is my home and daily dress are more along the styles of the Golden Era. I have yet to wear knee breeches and a cocked hat to work ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL