Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1910s -1920s Stetson 'The Fray'

DamianM

Vendor
It is. The Frayed edges makes sense to the title of the Hat.
The ribbon itself has a age to it.
Truly an original crazy Jazz Fedora.

Mr.Astor

Banned
There is a hatter that ages ribbons,either a mild acid bath bleach of somewhat they really look good and vintage. Sort of like when a guy buries his new cast iron toy in the front yard dips in muriatic acid and tells you it is 100 years old? Any pics of inside of hat?

DamianM

Vendor
Th ribbon looks original and thats that. Something a Collegiate kid or Jazz Man would wear.
A great hat But due to its small size its a difficult sale.
You guy's are just too weird about "flashy" clothes.

John Galt

Vendor
You guy's are just too weird about "flashy" clothes.

I like 'em like that! Maybe I'll bite. As previously mentioned, there are advantages to being a pinhead. Also, to having a hat stretcher and some blocks...

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

DamianM

Vendor
And thats what most here refuse.
"Its not original because I dont like it" Attitude.

It looks original.
Ive talked it over with a couple other very well informed people who don't refuse these kinds of notions.

Just because its wild doesn't mean it was a modification.

We are talking 1920s here. A time were America was at its height. The Clothes, music, and movements of the time were a game changer.
These are reflections of then.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Checking the "ribbon shadow" would be an easy way to tell if is original to the hat. Well at least of it had a slightly more narrow ribbon.

Oh, don't be so bloody ridiculous. You yourself went from "very possibly might be" to your typical unequivocal statement of "it is" within 3 hours ^^^. (This then elicited my somewhat tetchy unequivocal faux-response).

Those experienced informants of yours will tell you that caution is the first watchword of dating, or accepting validity, in vintage clothing. Caution from equally experienced members here does not imply a "refusal to accept" that these things existed; merely that a kneejerk acceptance of originality is as equally unreasonable as a kneejerk rejection. For the record I like the colour combinatio - it's the poor ribbon/bow work and retaining stitches that put a doubt in my mind.

A forum for discussion is rendered pointless when debate elicits hissy fits. Why is it that we keep having these issues with Californians?

And thats what most here refuse.
"Its not original because I dont like it" Attitude.

DamianM

Vendor
Orange and blue are contrasting colors great and opposite of the color chart. If it were black it would just look to Halloween.

And I could see why most Californians left this forum. They warned me. But hey you have at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21