Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1922 Dickies

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to last year. Most of this stuff isn't selling at its high prices and uninspired cuts, and has gone to the clearance racks of the stores that stocked it.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
$165 for a short sleeve two pocket work shirt, are they NUTZ?

Cabela's shirts in that style are good heavy twill and are under $50.00. They MIGHT lack some retro detail, but $115 more. JEEZZZZZZZ.

Later

Edward

Bartender
Nice looking. The trousers seem a bit narrow to me, though I assume that's an accurate Twenties cut, as opposed to the wider, Thirties and Forties cuts most of us in these parts prefer. I'm sure the quality is good.... just a shame they're also competing with the Japanese in terms of scary high price as well.

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
while I like the idea of them doing this, I just don't see how the construction or materials warrant the price. The cut itself isn't so much more or less complicated but simply one that went out of fashion- in other words, the cut and details can't be that much overally expensive to recreate to make the shirt and pants that expensive.

PS- if the prices were say $125 for the pants and $90-100 for the shirt I'd consider them. Since I work in a controlled environment and hard-wear isn't an issue.. but working out side, nope.

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice looking. The trousers seem a bit narrow to me, though I assume that's an accurate Twenties cut, as opposed to the wider, Thirties and Forties cuts most of us in these parts prefer. I'm sure the quality is good.... just a shame they're also competing with the Japanese in terms of scary high price as well.

It shoudl be a 30s cut...or this is how I read it on their page:
a shirt and pant that were originally purchased in 1933.

The 1922 is a marketing thing because the brand was founded in 1922 I think. I had a second look. The curve of the collar is cool but isnt that long. But maybe workshirt where less pointy because they where worn sans tie too?
The wide belt loops are pretty cool. Nice detail... Maybe wait tioll they pop up on ebay for cheap. won't happen in germany though...

YETI

A-List Customer
Overpriced Chinos

Bless the Japanese for keeping American nostalgia alive, but this is going from the sublime to ridiculous. I've owned about 20 pairs of deadstock trousers and other work gear ca. 30s-early 60s(Dickies, Hercules, Zero King, Penneys etc.). And most of the pants only cost me around $10 on Ebay.

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Whilst tooling around the Google-Life Archives... I believe I've found a pair in use...

2m3slg1.jpg

high rez image

http://images.google.com/hosted/lif...=N&ndsp=20&tbs=isch:1&imgurl=0700fa2872508c45

Last edited:

AlSailor

New in Town

The trousers are not narrow at all. I tried them on: they are quite wide and high-rise. Definitely wider than Dickies 874 in same size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy