Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's Aerodromes

BJonas

One of the Regulars
Hello, folks! Been a while, but I'm back.

Does anyone know where I can find some pics of old U.S. airports and aerodromes, preferably from the 1930's. I need exterior and interior shots for research. If anyone can help, I would truly be grateful.

(It's good to be back in the Lounge :) )

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
BJonas said:
Hello, folks! Been a while, but I'm back.

Does anyone know where I can find some pics of old U.S. airports and aerodromes, preferably from the 1930's. I need exterior and interior shots for research. If anyone can help, I would truly be grateful.

(It's good to be back in the Lounge :) )

http://www.airwaysmuseum.com/Index airports & aerodromes.htm

at least its a start...am sure others will have more useful sites

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
You could Google Floyd Bennett Field. It's now a park, but it the 30's it was one of the major airports in the country. I live near there. If I get a chance I'll get some pix for you. It was a military base, but has a series of great Art Deco hangars.

BJonas

One of the Regulars
dhermann1 said:
You could Google Floyd Bennett Field. It's now a park, but it the 30's it was one of the major airports in the country. I live near there. If I get a chance I'll get some pix for you. It was a military base, but has a series of great Art Deco hangars.

Googled it. Saw it. Loved it.

Very nice :eusa_clap

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
You should check out the Santa Barbara Airport in California-- I believe it was originally built in the 1930s. It's still intact, with much of its original adobe/ Spanish colonial style still apparent. I just flew out of there on Saturday. It's very cute.

The only sad thing is that one of the TSA agents said they'd soon be tearing it down to make way for a new terminal. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo