Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s Stetson 5X Clear Beaver Quality western

A cousin to Feltfan's fantastic 5X dated 1942, I think this is perhaps a little earlier - late 1930s to 1940. I've taken quite a few photos - I hope you enjoy them.

The hat came to me from Zetwal with a tight telescoped crown. I thought I would open it up and apply a different crease. The felt is as wonderful as any of the clear beaver Stetsons I have handled. With a little steam and the Garvé I was able to remove all traces of the ridge from the original crease. The crown stands 6" tall. A subtle horizontal mark remained so I decided to soften the folds and add a diamond point to the rear, keeping the crown height about where it was.

5x1.jpg

5x8.jpg

5x7.jpg

5x6.jpg

5x2.jpg

5x4.jpg

5x5.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like a pristine 30's Stetson 5X Clear Beaver is anything special...

Oh, wait a second...

IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Man -- congrats on picking that one up from the Z-man! What an amazing lid. Thanks so much for your utterly thorough documentation of this great Stetson. Superb in every way.

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal has parted with this and the Nutria Quality.

I hope he's OK.

;)

That's a grail-level hat. Congrats.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal has parted with this and the Nutria Quality.

I hope he's OK.

Yep! I'm fine. Thanks for your concern ... ;)

Alanfgag has purchased many great hats from me. I always enjoy seeing his excellent photo presentations of these previously quiet treasures.

Happy trails ... :llama:

Stunning Stetson. That bound edge is amazing, and the hat looks like it was made yesterday. Alan you should invest in a ranch somewhere to wear these incredible cowboy hats. At least move to west Buffalo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21