Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's styled DISTRESSED modern-made suits!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Don't worry, it's not true... yet!

But I would bet money it's in the pipeline on some designers desk! Just imagine, man made moth holes and caked on "dirt" on modern action backed jackets... :eek:

Would it be Depression chic!??! :(

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
I see bad signs here and there. I know of one company that buys up perfectly good blazers and coats, then screenprints annoying graphics on them. I guess it's not a huge step to sell distressed suits. I would like to see depression era men's fashion come back, just not like that!

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Ack! You let it out, and spontaneously, somewhere in a tiny studio in New York City, a designer just got an inspiration! :eek:

I dunno; I think we've turned the corner from distressed and raggedy to polished and professional, at least by a few increments. Still, I'm sure plenty of subgroups (sorry, brain dead on the proper term right now) are still big on the distressed thing.

What's worse would be genuine vintage jackets, bashed & battered for "Depression chic".

Great, now I've gone and said it... :eek:

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Shoes with perfect holes in the soles and, to complete the look, a real vintage-style 1930s playing card to insert and prevent wear on the socks.

Also, a straw boater with a flip-up lid, for the authentic 'gentleman of the road' look

I've thought of loads more :eek:-making distressed new vintage clothing concepts. But if the marketing people want to see more they're going to have to cough up.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
William Burroghs wrote, in a story set in the future, of a time when men woere suits called, I can't remember, either bowery suits, or poor boy suits.

They have what look like stains, but are exquisitely embroidered to replicate vomit and such.

At the time, quite novel, but in the seventies, not all that unique considering the worn jeans look etc.

there is a comic called travels with Farley. It began in the 70s and the hero travels around the country. His income is derived from wearing new jeans until they are suitably worn out to sell to the public.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't find any pics online, but I PROMISE you that I saw a belt back jacket by Polo that was distressed, sewn and patched up not too long ago. I'm sure many of you have seen Polo's vintage-y distressed jeans and pants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred