Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1937 $20

tomservo

New in Town
So I'm at my parents house the other day and my mom gives me this pack of "old" money. Nothing really special, mostly 60's stuff. Then I see a 1937 series $20. It looks mostly the same, but on the front bottom it says something to the effect of this note represents $20 and it doesn't say "In God We Trust" anywhere on it. Kinda neat.[huh]

Jay

Practically Family
Cool. Old money is always a favorite of mine. I think the designs on them put our current currency to shame.

My dad showed me his stash of 3 twenty dollar bills from the early thirties. Apparently my great-grandfather had them on him when he died and each of the 4 kids got 3 of them. I did some rough math and thought 120 bucks is a lot to carry around in a depression. And then I found out he was a loan shark. Neat bit of history, though.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Speaking of fun money things, next time you go to the bank ask for $2 bills... tons of em. Then conduct a semi-scientific research project on it. Some places actually will REFUSE a $2 bill because they don't believe it to be valid US Currency.

Its always interesting being adamant about it and then they call security over to stop you from leaving "without paying" or "paying with counterfit money" then have the guard calmly explain that you were right.

lol

I feel its our duty to show people all forms of legal tender so they can tell the real from the fake dont you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot