Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's dance this last weekend.

Rupert T. Firefly

New in Town
For lack of deciding a better place to post I am posting here.

My sweetie and I went to a dance this weekend that was held at a museum airfield.
She did some research and decided on a hair style she saw in a Batty Grable picture.
Untitled_zps6763f90c.jpg

PIC_2912_zps3a10edaf.jpg

PIC_2916_zps85c60c55.jpg

stephie01_zps1cadd0ce.jpg

PIC_2920_zps61d16d4c.jpg

Annixter

Practically Family
You both look great. Your gal's expression in the photo in front of the B-25 (I think) says it all. How was the dance?

My gal and I also enjoy dances--mainly swing, waltz, and cha-cha, but we throw in the foxtrot for good measure. We're lucky to live in an area with a vibrant dance community, as a couple groups in San Francisco and in Palo Alto put on vintage-inspired big-band dances year-round. Our next adventure is to attend one of the big-band dances aboard the USS Hornet. The museum puts on dances with the Jimmy Dorsey, Glenn Miller, and Count Basie orchestras, to name a few in a long list.

ChrisT

One of the Regulars
Cha-cha?
Is the cha-cha still popular in the USA? Here in France very few people dance cha-cha.... and in my teens I was very good in cha-cha.

Now I only danse RnR, (old style) RnB and a little Lindy

GHT

I'll Lock Up
For lack of deciding a better place to post I am posting here.

My sweetie and I went to a dance this weekend that was held at a museum airfield.
She did some research and decided on a hair style she saw in a Batty Grable picture.
I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing where to post, it takes quite a while to find your way around this site.
For future reference, you can post dances and any other entertainment in the Events threads.

You and your lady look fantastic, compliments to you. That car over your right shoulder is a bit of a scene stealer too, details, details, details.

Annixter

Practically Family
Cha-cha?
Is the cha-cha still popular in the USA? Here in France very few people dance cha-cha.... and in my teens I was very good in cha-cha.

Now I only danse RnR, (old style) RnB and a little Lindy

Sorry it took so long for a reply. I don't know if I'd say the cha-cha is "popular" to the masses, but it's a staple in many social-dance classes/studios/dances in my area. I'm pretty sure the only "popular" style of dance nowadays is the bounce-and-grind a la "whack a mole.":p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy