Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Mallory - excellent shape, small

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
This was originally listed on ebay as size 7 1/4 in the title. So I BIN'd it, then read the fine print and realized it was a bit smaller. The seller was very pleasant when I asked about his measurements, and refunded my money immediately - I told him that I would post a link here, so here it is:

1940's Mallory on ebay

hatted

One of the Regulars
You have the circumference listed at 21 3/4 - that seems a bit small for a 7 1/8. When I saw the hat listed as 7 1/8, I was prepared to snap it up. Oh well.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
hatted said:
You have the circumference listed at 21 3/4 - that seems a bit small for a 7 1/8. When I saw the hat listed as 7 1/8, I was prepared to snap it up. Oh well.

Again, it's not my hat - I BIN'd it, then asked for a refund when I realized it wasn't actually a 7 1/4. He has now backed down from 7 1/4, and listed a 7 1/8. His reasoning (sent to me via email) is it fits him large and he's a 7. He also mentioned that it's a long oval, which might explain the fit.

Again...and one more time for good measure...it's not my hat!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
hatted said:
Sorry Scott, my bad. I'm guessing this guy is a small 7...

That's ok - I'm just trying to help the guy out because he seemed straight up, just didn't know how to measure a hat. Plus, I should have read the fine print before BIN'ing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy