Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1957 Plymouth buried in tulsa, OK - to be dug up!

jof

New in Town
Hello from Germany

RedHotRidinHood said:
I guess I am the only sentimental sillyhead here....:eek:

No, you are not - I am from Germany and eventually found this forum (I am a old car nut for 20 years). During the last days I tried to be as close as I can to the event from over here, watching the video-clips and the pictures, talking to people through the Tulsa-community-forum who were there personally. Although it turned out to be a failure, the whole story is amazing and unique!

Actually, discovering the water in the vault made it even more thrilling - if it had been totally dry, there is no doubt that the car would have turned out in comparably good condition and able to start up with a little tuneup. Although fot the car and for Tulsa I wished it would have been better...

brylcreem boy said:
I'm going down to the car show in a couple of hours, going to have my friend bring his good digital camera and see if I can get some good pics, Ms. Belvedere is supposed to be on display in the center of all the cars....

I'll see if I can post some pics, I'm sure it is gonna be crazy down there.

brylcreem boy (or anybody else who has them), is it possible to mail me some of the pictures from the show, especially from the interior, the trunk and the engine compartment (if you have some). This would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail-address is jof@gmx.li

How does the story continue? Is there further investigation why the vault failed and filled with water? What about the contest? Did they really find population guesses in the car or the time vault? Why did they talk about microfilms and did not find any?

I am so curious and it is so difficult to find the information from over here. Can anybody provide some links, like to the Tulsa newspaper company?

Thanks and best regards

J??rg

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
jof said:
brylcreem boy (or anybody else who has them), is it possible to mail me some of the pictures from the show, especially from the interior, the trunk and the engine compartment (if you have some). This would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail-address is jof@gmx.li

How does the story continue? Is there further investigation why the vault failed and filled with water? What about the contest? Did they really find population guesses in the car or the time vault? Why did they talk about microfilms and did not find any?

I am so curious and it is so difficult to find the information from over here. Can anybody provide some links, like to the Tulsa newspaper company?

Thanks and best regards

J??rg

I will gladly post pictures as soon as my friend gets back in town this weekend, as for theories about why the vault failed, I've not seen much posted. I am not a expert on these matters, but it seems to me it was pretty much a concrete swimming pool with a lid. From what I heard from one of the local deputies on scene when it was 1st opened and inspected by Hazmat, there appeared to be no type of sealant (tar, rubberized seal, nothing) around the concrete lid and I've heard rumors there is evidence it flooded not long after burial. If I hear more, will let you know. In addition to the newspaper links listed above, you might also want to periodically check out this news channel link: www.kotv.com, they were the local cbs affiliate to host the show and said they would post more info as it became available.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Left out one detail, the population guesses were found in the time capsule, they did not find any microfilm with the guesses on it, just the original written entries.
There was also a newspaper in there as well, can you believe gas was only 27 cents per gallon( or there abouts).... We will never see that again!! Hah!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot