Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 Vintage Californians-1950s-Chrome Tanned Steerhide

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I will be putting up full details tonight/tomorrow. The well worn is marked a size 42, the near mint is marked a size 40 but wears/fits like a 44/46

One is well broken in the other needs to be broken in.

Size 42

DSC03468.JPG
DSC03458.JPG

Marked size 40-wears fits like a 44/46

DSC03542.JPG
DSC03556.JPG

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Size 42 marked California Sportswear Company California Chrome tanned Steerhide half-belt.

California Sportswear Co. leather jackets are as good as it gets in Vintage leather. They produced jackets for Sears and Wards and sold their jackets throughout the country with their famous label.

This jacket comes from the 1950s and unique with the California Chrome Tanned label. The video is a look at 4 Chrome tanned jackets.

Here is an album with tons of pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h68pZ7Z2ZL5y9q5t9

Fit Video:

DSC03468.JPG
DSC03458.JPG

Price: $375 shipped in CONUS

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The Talon zipper pull is missing from the slider. The zipper goes up and down and is well sewn on the male (Pin) side. There are two places in need of stitching which are pictured at the bottom of the google photo album.

This jacket has always gotten interest when I have posted it. The character of the leather is amazing. The pictures tell the story.

DSC06239.jpg
DSC06240.jpg
DSC06241.jpg
DSC06243.jpg
DSC06244.jpg
DSC06245.jpg
DSC06246.jpg
DSC06247.jpg
DSC06248.jpg
DSC06249.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
There you go.

Keep in mind; the mint one will turn just like the worn one. You can see it in a few places it is graining. It will be like wearing a new jacket.

The worn one is smaller and so classic. The king of patina

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Got the dough on the 42 It is SOLD

Thanks to the buyer. He may have come from my youtube channel. If he did, then stay around in the outerwear section talk leather jackets.

I'm finding buyers who know what is what and when to buy.
When they Fly I can buy!
The Circle continues.

More to come

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Damn it. If he 42” falls through I’ll take it.
With the 23' back length? I think you once commented on a jacket with similar back length: "That thing would barely get below my nipple's" lol

Dang it's a shame I missed this. I would have loved to own the 42.

Last edited:

Schambach

Practically Family
Man, I need to check the classifieds more often. If for some reason the 40 doesn’t work out for the buyer, please let me know!

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Man, I need to check the classifieds more often. If for some reason the 40 work out for the buyer, please let me know!

My jackets seem to go pretty fast. I have more coming up, but never quite sure what style or size. I've given warning before that jackets were coming up for sale. I do want everyone to have a shot at them.

Whoever bought that size 40, shoot me a message. o_O

I forwarded your message to the buyer. He certainly wants to try it on first.

Schambach

Practically Family
My jackets seem to go pretty fast. I have more coming up, but never quite sure what style or size. I've given warning before that jackets were coming up for sale. I do want everyone to have a shot at them.

I forwarded your message to the buyer. He certainly wants to try it on first.

You’ve got an experienced eye and your prices are very fair from what I’ve seen. I’m not surprised your listings go quickly. Plus you’re around my size, 44ish depending on maker, which seems to be popular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy