Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2008 Vanity Fair "Hollywood" Issue.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
What looks odd to me, is all of their faces are going to the right. And a couple are dead in the middle.. none to the left. It's like they are all competing for the same pose. But I like the hair.:)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Sorry for the huge image--but, Wow!

vanity-fair-hollywood-issue-2008-02.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
Hmmm... why are all the people of any ethnicity all after the fold?

I'm with LD on this one (Lady Day not Larry David ;)) it's a little... off. Very pale and wan, submissive. But I do like the look in Amy Adams' eyes!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
This post has been fully updated with all the pictures. The majority is on the first page, first post. These are the last pictures:
9th.jpg

10th.jpg

11th.jpg

I don't know that I really have a favorite, but I think Keira's is my least, probably tied with North by Northwest, with Seth Rogen(who I've never even heard of), which is pretty atrocious, IMHO.
:eusa_doh:

waingirl

One of the Regulars
ooooo

I have never purchased this magazine before, but I will for this one. I love, love, love the hair!!!

Jovan

Suspended
The problem with Seth Rogen is that he doesn't exactly exude the older movie star quality... yet. Give him some time. Robert Downey, Jr., despite being in another picture in Grant's place, would have been a better choice.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I dont know, I dont get such a big woop over the spreads. It does not take much to recreate something that was already great to begin with. Its like doing remakes of these great movies (*ick).

I would just like to see originality.

Some actors here exude a "Vintage Hollywood" ascetic in their modern existence (Robert Downey Jr. comes to mind :rolleyes: ).

*sorry to be a thread crapper :eek:

LD

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I personally really like Robert Downy Jr.

Anyway, this issue looks neat. I like recreations in art. I think I'm gonna get this.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Actually, you know who I would have really liked in the North by Northwest picture? George Clooney.

georgecloo_devan_8127725_400.jpg

Come on, look at him!
Oh, I'm lookin'! ;) lol I agree, Clooney's always reminded me of Grant, and he would've been a natural choice.
266763.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
My two cents

The copies of Hitchcock seems like it could work fine but most of the people just seem badly cast for the recreations. For me that includes Downey Jr. He can have classic movie style but I thought he wasn't right for that shot, especially that facial hair.
Last year's Vanity Fair Hollywood issue worked better for me. The film noir homage allowed the actors they wanted to showcase to be "types" but still have some originality.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

sixsexsix

Practically Family
When does this come out? I have been to a couple of shops looking and none of them had it yet...maybe its a Canadian lag?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Wolf said:
Last year's Vanity Fair Hollywood issue worked better for me. The film noir homage allowed the actors they wanted to showcase to be "types" but still have some originality.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Yes! Thats how I mean to say it. Mimic the era, not copy the actor of the era.
Thanks, man.

LD

Altho I will admit, I do like "The Birds" one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ