Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2008 Vanity Fair "Hollywood" Issue.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt look like godesses on this cover!

I maye buy this issue of Vanity Fair!

Here's another Vanity Fair cover that's very vintage-y...:

293.heigl.vanityfair.120407.jpg

I believe it's last months issue!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Harumph - why we didn't get more face of that cutie McAvoy I just don't know!

I liked the Birds and Lifeboat. I'm so tired of Scarlett Johansson. Every movie she's in tanks. Why can't they seem to figure out it's because she's bad? lol

Keira is too hard looking for Rebecca - she looks as mean as the creepy housekeeper who's character name is escaping me. Amy Adams would have been a marvelous choice for that one.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
I loved the photo for Strangers on a Train. Even though most remakes bite the big one, I couldn't help my excitement. Just think about all the sexual subtext that got left out of the original that could get left in now! Imagine James Mcavoy's creepy crush on Emile Hirsch! Think of the increased violence possible in the murder scenes!

.....sorry, went a little Hitchcock!fangirl there.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
My favorites were the Strangers on a Train and Rebecca layouts (Jennifer Jason Leigh would be a fabulous Mrs. Danvers!).

On the cover spread it cracked me up how uncomfortable Ellen Page looked (she's sitting 6th from the left in the grey dress). It's so not her to be all gussied up.

cusl14_hollywood_covers0803.jpg

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Hmm, interesting that Emily Blunt is featured. I first saw her in Poirot and Foyle's War! So in my mind she really fits in with the whole retro theme... more so than the rest of them! Garnered her a lot of respect with me... (I am a big fan of both Poirot and Foyle's War).

ETA: By the way, the woman in the swimsuit and hat at the top IS Emily Blunt. I actually think she is the only one to fit in... ;-) er, rather... fabulously stand out!

Jovan

Suspended
Unfortunate, because Ellen Page could very well be the next big thing in movies. Oh well, just give her some time on the red carpet and she'll be more confident. ;)

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
Harumph -
Keira is too hard looking for Rebecca - she looks as mean as the creepy housekeeper who's character name is escaping me. Amy Adams would have been a marvelous choice for that one.

The housekeeper's name is Danvers (I think). Her nickname was "Danny".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran