Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2015 Stetson Excellent Quality GREEN THIN RIBBON (Preview & Review)

Dont any of you guys like the pics of that rusty looking Stetsonian "Tawny"...? I love it!

I think it looks great, especially with the ribbon treatment. I just wanted to go off the beaten path; plus, I'm on the lookout for a few lighter colored pieces. I thought this would have a pretty classic look.

triple-d

A-List Customer
Gee I wonder who's 7 5/8 Excellent Stratoliner in Sage this could be?
20150701_170034_zpszrfjnqpv.jpg

Tom I'm looking at you. Hope you like it

Jeff

Tom....a real beauty of a TAR!!!! Grats!!!! These Excellent Strats are thinner felt, very nice t work with. They also have felt that breaks in faster .....really nice fit, and feel after you wear it for a week or so.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Hello Jeff,

In the above photo just over your right shoulder there looks to be a stack of three straw hats, what model hat is the one on the top of the stack? Is it one you guys offer for sale? thanks.

The top one is the Foldable 47 yes we sell it. I took one on my vacation to FLA last moth and it was great.

Jeff

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
King Andrew was in town from Singapore and stopped into the shop to say hi. And and you believe it we were wearing the same hat.
629af3520fb82e36a2affdb8df2e9613_zpsxodrjqsq.jpg

He really stopped by to pick up his Excellent Stratoliner in Sage. Looks good with a quick dry creasing
aa0ab928b6d56e983f1ab8a649b2218a_zpsw2pw8jlf.jpg

It is always fun to meet my fellow loungers

Jeff

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
This showed up from DelMonico today.
I got to my studio and it was there waiting for me.

I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of this hat.

The felt is gorgeous and clearly an upgrade from my modern Premier Strat.
Which is not a knock on the Premier but more a compliment to the Excellent.

It feels identical to my Strats from the mid 50s.
Not quite as soft and pliable as my 40s Strats.... But better than anything I personally have felt from modern manufacturers ... Not including custom hatters of course.

The color here looks darker than it is in person ... But I assure you the sage green is beautiful and perfectly even throughout and finished with that wonderful contrasting ribbon.

The liner is also very sharp and was a bonus for me because I was not expecting the black interior .

I love this hat already and I have not even bashed it yet.
I did put it on open crown and the fit is absolutely perfect .

A couple pics

a5a6222afe1d92740e69206f7f26b972.jpg

7aeff4b4a708aeef74fc93f24ed48842.jpg

eb6fdf55c24158de3153cb427f0ad830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buler

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking! But tell me that isn't a blue ink mark on the underside of the brim.....

Is the boxed marked 150th anniversary?

B

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking! But tell me that isn't a blue ink mark on the underside of the brim.....

Is the boxed marked 150th anniversary?

B

Ha!

That's a thread that I didn't see until I posted the pic

And yes the box is marked

This showed up from DelMonico today.
I got to my studio and it was there waiting for me.

I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of this hat.

The felt is gorgeous and clearly an upgrade from my modern Premier Strat.
Which is not a knock on the Premier but more a compliment to the Excellent.

It feels identical to my Strats from the mid 50s.
Not quite as soft and pliable as my 40s Strats.... But better than anything I personally have felt from modern manufacturers ... Not including custom hatters of course.

The color here looks darker than it is in person ... But I assure you the sage green is beautiful and perfectly even throughout and finished with that wonderful contrasting ribbon.

The liner is also very sharp and was a bonus for me because I was not expecting the black interior .

I love this hat already and I have not even bashed it yet.
I did put it on open crown and the fit is absolutely perfect .

Very, very nice, Mr. Loon! Your assessment of the quality of the felt gives me hope. Can't wait to see your crease treatment. Love the contrasting ribbon, too!

Looks delicious, moon.

I'm waiting for an Excellent Quality Open Road, 2 7/8 to 3 inch brim and a nice tall crown like the old days. How about it Hatco?

In a recent Instagram posting, Deckard was showing off a soft crown St. Regis Homburg. There may be hope yet...

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Looks delicious, moon.

I'm waiting for an Excellent Quality Open Road, 2 7/8 to 3 inch brim and a nice tall crown like the old days. How about it Hatco?

The old ones were nice. I have one from the '50s that has a nice tall crown with a 2 7/8 brim. The ORs from the '70s and '80s were crap. I have a couple of those too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo