Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

22 WONDERFUL WOOL TIES! Shetland, Vintage Challis, Harris Tweed, John Comfort of England, more! :)

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
WONDERFUL WOOL TIES!

Now that Fall has started, shouldn't you be stocking up with wool ties? Yes, you should..... and lucky for you I have over 20 lovely ones to pass on today!

NB: All ties are in excellent condition unless otherwise noted. All prices include US shipping; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.

Offers are very welcome, especially one two or more ties!

GROUP 1: Shetlands and lambswool and more, oh my!

1) Blue, slate, and cream wool tie. Likely Shetland. 3 1/4". $15.

2) GORGEOUS autumnal Shetland tie by Lochcarron. Made in Scotland. 3 1/2". $18.

3) VINTAGE wool plaid. Lovely! Keeper missing, otherwise excellent. Almost certainly Scots. 3". $15.

4) BEAUTIFUL subtle heathery sky-blue tinged with heathery purple-mist by Churchill Handwoven. 3 1/4". $15.

5) VINTAGE Welsh Flannel wool tie. A lovely vintage tie with a pronounced flare, hence 4 1/4" at the end. $15.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
6) BEAUTIFUL vintage Roxburgh tie; Made in Scotland. This does have a couple of small brown blemishes, as shown, but these blend and so aren't that noticeable. But they are there, so this is just Good condition, and so $10. 2 7/8"

7) ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Donegal Shetland tie by Liberty of London. Scotland. 3 1/4". $18.

8) Kincora Tweed. Woven in Ireland. 2 7/8". $16.

9) Woven in Scotland wool tie in heathery blue. This has a very small faint blemish, as shown, hence just $10. 3".

10) GORGEOUS autumnal Shetland in shades of moss and bracken. From Lochcarron. 3 1/4". $18.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
GROUP 2: Harris Tweed, Heatherknits, Rooster, and more!

11) Vintage "Heatherloom" tie for Rooster. Perfect for casual tweed! Two small snags/holes in the collar area, which won't be seen when worn; hence Good condition and just $9. 3"

12) RARE! Harris Tweed tie in burnt orange. Made in Scotland for Martini Carl of Boston. Founded in 1951, Martini Carl became through the 1990s (which marked the death of its founder) one of the coolest places to buy menswear in Boston.... Not only because of the exceptionally high quality of the clothing--Boston has plenty of WASP appropriate retailers!--but because it loved clothing with a twist--such as this lovely Harris Tweed tie in autumnal burnished orange! This has a couple of tiny snags and blemishes--as shown--and so is in Very Good condition. Why is it so wide at 4"? Because it *should* be.... A wide Harris tweed tie in subdued autumnal orange is just the sort of item Carl's was famous for! Asking just $20.

13) VINTAGE Churchill Handwoven. This is rather more orange than the pictures show! 4". $12.

14) VINTAGE Irish wool tie; hand-dyed and woven. 2 5/8". A couple of small faint blemishes and a small snag, as shown, hence just $10.

15) Vintage Rooster wool geometric knit. Lovely! 3". (The keeper will be attached before mailing.) $12.

16) RARE Vintage Rooster Tapestry Knit ti. 3 1/8". Perfect for brown tweed! $15.

17) Rooster Knit tie. 3 3/16". Lovely! $15.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
GROUP 3: FOXES! And Shetlands! And more!!

18) GORGEOUS Slate-blue plaid Shetland from Lochcarron. I have just discovered that this has a tiny pinhole in the weave on the front about 4" up; this blends in so well that I didn't see it when taking close-up pictures, but it is there! (It is pictured on the main picture--but it's pretty close to impossible to see!) So, this is in Very Good condition, and is $12. 3 1/4".

19) FOXES! Absolutely gorgeous, and perfect with tweed! This has the *tiniest* faint white blemish, as shown, but this can hardly be seen. made by John Comfort of England, a firm founded in the early C20th and synonymous with extremely high-quality classic English country ties. This lovely vintage tie was sold by Stockton's of Atlanta--one of the classic Southern trad. stores! 3". $20.

20) MORE FOXES! By Robert Talbott. Silk and wool; woven in England. Alas, this has blemishes, as shown; but it's still perfectly wearable casually with tweed! A lovely tie, still, in Good condition. 3". $12.

21) RARE! Likely dating from the 1950s judging by the small ACWA Union label on the tag, this is made from lightweight wool challis imported from Italy. This does have a faint white blemish near the tip, as shown--it is very hard to see in person, as the camera accentuates it. It also has a very very small snag on the underside of the thin end of the tie. Good condition. 2 3/4". $10.

22) Kincaid & Company. Solid green lambswool tie woven in Scotland. 3". $12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21