Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

26 Summer Jackets! Sz. 38 - 48! NWT, Vintage, Madras, Seersucker, Linen, Bespoke, Orvis Half-Belt, +

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab

THE GREAT SUMMER JACKET MEGATHREAD OF 2017!

Summer's lease might have all too short a date, but there's still plenty of time to enjoy these wonderful jackets this summer... and for many summers to come! There's vintage Madras, seersucker, linens, lightweight wool.... Vintage Brooks Brothers, bespoke, Zegna, Laurie Tailors of New York, an Orvis half-belt travel jacket, and more!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; In ternational inquiries are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost.

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

1) WONDERFUL VINTAGE 1960s Madras Sack jacket by h.i.s.!

"h.i.s." is one of the best-known menswear labels produced by Honesdale Manufacturing, a company founded by Harvey I. Siegal in 1923. Headquartered in New York but with its manufacturing plants in Tennessee, Honesdale originally focused on clothes, especially denim, for men and boys. Much of its output was sold as own-brand clothing by stores such as Penney's and Montgomery Ward. (Remember, this was the era when clothing from Department stores was actually still *good*!)

In 1949 the firm was taken over by Harvey's son, Jesse, who started to move it away from its utilitarian, Depression-era focus and towards more fashionable clothing. In 1956 Jesse started the label "h.i.s"--an obvious reference to his father's initials.

The h.i.s. label was a runaway success, with much of its items being modeled on the increasingly popular Ivy Style of clothing. By 1964 Honesdale's revenue was a whopping $64 million a year, with over 3/4 of that being generated by the h.i.s. brand.

The company went public in 1962, with Jesse retaining a controlling interest. In 1976 he took the firm private again, in part to deflect objections to his decision to focus on the women's wear part of the business which was booming with the success of "h.i.s. for Her" jeans. In 1984 the company was subject to a leveraged buy-out by its management, who turned its attention back to its roots--manufacturing basic denim products. The company is still in business as "Chic for HIS", and is now one of the largest jeans manufacturers in the US.

This jacket hails from the 1960s heyday of h.i.s., when it focused on collegiate Ivy style. Cut from gossamer-light Indian madras fabric that's a wonderful classic medly of blues, creams, and sepia summer yellows, this jacket is as a sack--judging by the lapel likely a 3 button sack, rather than a 3/2. it is clearly designed to be worn at the height of summer--not only is the madras fabric some of the lightest I've ever encountered, but it's quarter-lined... and has only one interior pocket, to ensure that the additional material needed to support two interior pockets could be left out making this jacket even lighter-weight.

It has a single center vent, classic two button cuffs, and was made in one of h.i.s. three factories in Tennessee. It has extremely natural shoulders. The golden decoration around the h.i.s. logo in the interior is a clear nod to the mirror filigree logo of Chipp, and indicates the aspirations that h.i.s. and its customers had!

This wonderful piece of sartorial history is in excellent condition, and utterly wearable. It's a bargain at just $39, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquiries welcome, with shipping at reduced cost!

Measurements:

Chest: 20 1/4
Sleeve: 6 (+2)
Shoulder: 18 1/2
Length: 32

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
2) Lovely Custom Made Salmon Jacket by Aficinando Clothiers--made for Ken Bradt!

I have an outline of just who Ken Bradt is on my Facebook page, WaterhollowTweed!

This is a lovely jacket! Cut from a lovely light salmon cloth this jacket is half-canvassed and fully lined. It features lots of handwork throughout, especially on the lapels and the placket and on the pocket flaps. It is a contemporary two button front model with subtle darting. It includes fully functional surgeon's cuffs, and a twin vent. It is in excellent condition.

This was originally made for the banker Ken Bradt, the great-great-grandson of Louis Clarke, the founder of Autocar Company--now the oldest surviving motor vehicle company in North America!

Asking just $39, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.
Measurements:

Chest: 22
Sleeve: 25 (1 1/2)
Shoulder: 19 5/8
Length: 30 1/8

3) BEAUTIFUL Alan Royce of Princeton Seafoam Jacket

Alan Royce was one of the Big Five Princeton clothiers during the Golden Age of Ivy Style, and this jacket shows why. First, the colour is absolutely beautiful--the perfect summer shade of seafoam blue-green; my pictures don't do this justice at all!

Although there is no fabric content listed, it's either lightweight silk, or a blend of silk and linen; it's has a wonderful hand and drape, as is woven as a subtle broken bone herringbone. Cut as a contemporary two button jacket with subtle darts, this is half-canvassed and fully lined. It has four button cuffs and a single centre vent. It was, of course, Made in the USA. It does have one small flaw; a very faint shadow stain on the top left lapel, as shown. As such, this is just in Very Good condition, and is only $29, or offer.

Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 24 3/4 (+2 1/4)
Shoulder: 18 3/4
Length: 30 1/2

[/URL]

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
4) NWT ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Madras 3/2 Jacket with Three Patch Pockets from Polo by Ralph Lauren!

This jacket comes complete with its original tags!

Made for the British market this beautiful jacket was originally sold by Harvey Nichols of Knightsbridge, London, one of the most upscale stores in the city, catering to the upper-middle-class Sloane Rangers of Chelsea, Knightsbridge, and the Home Counties.

Given this provenance this jacket is absolutely beautiful. Cut from a wonderful traditional madras cotton plaid in blues and creams with sepia orange-pink accent stripes this jacket is cut as a 3/2 jacket with subtle darts and a lovely fluid lapel roll. It features a patch breast pocket and two lower flapped pockets. It has wonderfully slim 60s-inspired lapelsfour button cuffs, and a single vent. It is half-lined in the same fabric as the exterior shell, and beautifully unstructured.

As you'd expect for a jacket that was tried on precisely once and comes complete with its original tags this is in absolutely excellent condition!

It originally retailed for around $275.... so how about just $50, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA?
1f642.png

Size M. Measurements:

Chest: 19 1/4
Sleeve: 26 5/ 16 (+1 1/2)
Length: 30 1/8

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
5) NOS ORVIS SAFARI TRAVEL FABRIC HALF-BELT JACKET. C. 40R

This is absolutely wonderful! Cut from 100% cotton, this jacket is New Old Stock with its original tags attached, announcing it as being cut from Orvis' Safari Travel fabric.

This jacket is simply packet with features! Cut as a two button sack--appropriately, since a more form-fitting jacket would be inappropriate in the climates this is designed for--this features two deep flapped demi-bellows pockets on the front, a VERY deep passport/wallet pocket cut as a ticket pocket on the left-hand side, and a breast pocket.

(A demi-bellows pocket is affixed at the outer edge like a regular pocket, with additional bellows fabric at the edge nearer the placket. This provides the extra carrying ability of a bellows pocket while retaining the drape of the jacket when the pockets are full.)

It also features a corduroy collar in cream, wide-spaced cuff buttons indicating that this is a functional rather than a formal jacket. On the back it features a reinforced straight shoulder yoke for added durability, a beautifully stitched half-belt, and a bi-swing back for ease of movement. It also features a single center hook vent.

The interior is half-lined--and lined at the belt--and features a full complement of interior pockets, including a zippered security pocket. This jacket is half-canvassed. It is, of course, in perfect condition--as you'd expect from a new jacket!

Asking just $45 for this beautiful jacket, perfect for Summer!

Tagged 40R. Measurements:

Chest: 20 1/2
Sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 18
Length: 30

6) WONDERFUL BROOKS BROTHERS SUMMER TARTAN JACKET! C.42, 43. MADE IN THE USA!

This is absolutely beautiful! Although there is no fabric content listed this is clearly a very high-quality cotton; light enough to be comfortable, yet heavy enough to be suitable or a jacket. And the tartan is wonderful--greens, dusk-blues, and whites set of with pale yellow striping, this is a classic Scottish tartan very similar to Dress Gordon.

The jacket is cut as a contemporary two button jacket with very subtle darts. It is half-canvassed and fully lined in a complementary dark blue lining. It has three button cuffs and a single center vent. It was Made in the USA, and is in absolutely excellent condition!

Asking just $39 or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquiries welcome-please PM with interest and offers!

Tagged 43L, this measures:

Sleeve: 26 1/2 (1)
Shoulder: 19 7/8
Length: 32 3/4

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
7) Classic Vintage Brooks Brothers "Wash and Wear" Jacket in Rare Pattern!

This jacket is absolutely lovely. Judging by the interior label (yellow block letters on a white background) this dates from the late 1960s--although you'd never guess this from its condition! Cut as a two button sack this is made from "Wash and Wear" fabric--the staple cloth of Ivy Style clothing in the 1960s. Usually, "Wash and Wear" jackets and suits were solid colours, and so this is highly unusual in that it features a beautiful multi-coloured overcheck (in red, yellow, green,and light blue) on light blazer-blue base.

This jacket features a single center vent, the classic American two button cuff, and a half-lining. Wonderfully lightweight, this is an absolutely perfect summer blazer, suitable for both casual settings and the modern office. It does have a couple of very minor scuffs, as shown, but these are hard to find and will hardly be seen when worn. It was, of course, Made in the USA, and is in Very Good/Excellent condition.

Asking just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquires are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost!

Tagged 45R, this measures:

Chest: 22 1/4
Sleeve: 24 3/4 (+ 13/4)
Shoulder: 19

8) PURE SILK ARMANI JACKET. MADE IN ITALY! PERFECT FOR SUMMER. CANVASSED.

Dating from when Armani was King, this lovely jacket was Made in Italy from pure silk. It is half-canvassed and half-lined, and features Continental-style jetted pockets--these are still basted shut! It has four button cuffs, and it is unvented, in Flusser approved style. Made in Italy, this is in absolutely excellent condition, and is a bargain at

just $29, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Tagged 42L. Measures:

Chest: 21 1/4
Sleeve: 26 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Length: 31 1/2

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
9) Custom Made Summer Shadow Plaid Jacket by Tom James

This is lovely! Custom made by Tom James, this is a lovely--a subtle shadow plaid in desert-inspired colouring of tan and very light tannish orange. The jacket is a three button front with subtle darts, and a twin vent; this features a retaining strap in the interior to ensure a proper closure. The jacket is fully canvassed and fully lined. It has lots of handwork throughout. Made in the USA in 2008, this is in excellent condition.

Asking just $29 for this lovely jacket that's perfect for late summer and early Fall!

Measurements:

Chest: 23
Sleeve: 28 1/4 (+1 1/4)
Shoulder: 20 1/4
Length: 34 1/2

10) FREE BESPOKE JACKET FROM PHILA. TAILOR!

This is wonderful! Made by the upscale Philadelphia tailor Vittorio Castagna (then located on 17th street) in April 1973, this is a classic 1960's - 1970's plaid jacket that's perfect for summer--as indeed this is the season it was built for!

Fully hand tailored, it features a twin vent and hacking pockets, is fully canvassed, and has three button cuffs. It is darted, and has a two button closure. It is fully lined, and is in absolutely excellent condition. Castagna's relocated to Walnut Street in 1988, near Gucci, Burberry, Jaeger, and Duchamps. This is a lovely jacket, and I'd love to find it a good home, so it's FREE--just send me $15 to cover Priority boxed shipping anywhere in the USA!

Measurements:

Chest: 20 3/4
Sleeve: 25 (+2)
SHoulder: 18 3/8
Length: 31

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
11) Silk Summer jacket in Cream Herringbone
Made in the USA by Thos. David this lovely jacket is cut from wonderfully slubby all-silk cloth in cream herringbone.It is half-canvassed and fully lined, and cut as a contemporary two-button jacket with darts. It has a single center vent, four button cuffs, and is in excellent condition.

Perfect for the summer, this is a steal at just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements:

Sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 20 1/8

12) Lovely Bespoke Summer jacket--with working surgeon's cuffs!

This is lovely, and perfect for three seasons--the only one it might not be good for is Winter, but that's mainly because of its colouring!

Although this jacket doesn't carry any labels it is clearly bespoke, and likely from an American tailor judging both by the quality and the unlikelihood that an Asian tailor would omit labeling his work.

Cut from a lighter mid-weight cloth that would be appropriate for summer office wear the colouring and patterning of this jacket are lovely; a slate-blue base with miniature overchecking in Royal blue and mottled black, with larger windowpane overchecking in russet and bracken.

This is cut as a contemporary two button jacket with darts, and features a twin vent. It is half-canvassed and fully lined, and features the always-desirable working surgeons' cuffs, with four functional buttonholes on each sleeve. This jacket is in absolutely excellent condition, and a bargain at just $39, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements:

Chest: 22 7/8
Sleeve: 22 (+2)
Shoulder: 20 5/8
Length: 29 1/2

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
13) CLASSIC LINEN JACKET--from Simpson's of Piccadilly!

I've outlined the storied history of Simpson's on my Facebook page, Waterhollowtweed--so this is a chance to secure a lovely piece of wearable history!

Cut from a wonderfully soft and clearly expensive linen (like all cloth, there are gradations of quality in linen, and this is at the high end) this lovely jacket is a contemporary two button model with darting. Featuring a double vent--as you'd expect from a jacket from Simpson's--this is a classic light taupe linen making it extremely versatile and suitable for almost all occasions. It is fully canvassed and fully lined, and features four-button finished English cuffs. The buttons are all Simpson's signature buttons, with the DAKS logo. (DAKS was the original clothier company that led to the founding of the retail store Simpson's.) This jacket was made in South Africa--appropriately enough, given that this sis a linen jacket for hot weather, and retailed by a British company with strong Empire connections! Apart from some minor sagging on the edges of the left-hand interior pocket this is in excellent condition.

Asking just $40, or offer, for this lovely piece of sartorial history!
Measurements:

Sleeve: 27 (+2)
Shoulder: 19 1/8

14) Smith's of Bermuda Summer Jacket, likely linen and silk!

Founded in 1962, Smith's of Bermuda was most definitely a British company, catering primarily to British and American tourists, as well as the local ex-pat population. With its headquarters in Hertfordshire, UK, it specialized in traditional British and Empire clothing and accessories, like its main rival, Trimingham's.

Now long gone, having closed its doors in 2002, Smith's name lives on... as an upscale woman's store in Maclean, Va., which has precisely nothing to do with the original British-owned Smith's, and which is no doubt capitalizing on memories of its illustrious predecessor.

This jacket is from the *correct* Smith's! Cut as a contemporary two-button front jacket with subtle darts, this is a lovely cream summer jacket cut from cloth that's almost certainly a silk-linen blend. It features two lower patch pockets, three button cuffs, and no vent, in Flusser-approved style. It is fully canvassed and fully lined, and, unusualy for Smith's, is USA Made in the USA.

It is in absolutely excellent condition, and a steal at just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA!

Measurements:

Sleeve: 23 (+2 1/4)
Shoulder: 20 1/8
Length: 29

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
15) UTTERLY IVY! A wonderful jacket (likely silk and linen) in pale pink herringbone, by Oakloom Clothes of Baltimore, MD!

Oakloom Clothes had an unusual business model--they declined to advertise, considering this to be "vulgar", and relied on the quality of their clothing to speak for itself. No doubt this reticence kept Oakloom from the success that it deserved, for the quality of their clothing was first-rate. They made clothes for Paul Stuart, Bullock & Jones of San Francisco, and Maus and Hoffman in Palm Beach, FL. They specialized in classic, Ivy Style clothing, and this was continued when they were bought out in 1995 by Hartz & Co who wanted to use them as an entry into "the better part of the upper market".

This jacket shows just why Oakloom were so beloved by the few familiar with their clothing. This jacket is cut from a wonderful pale pink and cream herringbone cloth that's likely a blend of linen and silk. The herringbone is accented with vertical stripes in pale green, blue, and sunset gold. The jacket is cut as a contemporary two button jacket with subtle darts. It is half-canvassed and fully lined in cream.

It has a single center vent. Union made in the USA, this is in excellent condition.

Asking just $39, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements:

Sleeve: 22 3/4 (+2 1/4)

13) PAUL STUART "WESTGATE" JACKET IN SILK AND LINEN! C.41. PERFECT FOR SUMMER!

This is beautiful! Made for Paul Stuart, this jacket is cut from a summery blend of silk (70%) and linen (30%) which gives it a wonderful drape and extremely interesting texture. The patterning and colourway is also perfect for Spring, Summer, and early Fall, being a light sky blue-grey and cream herringbone heathered throughout with cream.

Fully canvassed and fully lined this is cut as a contemporary two button jacket with subtle darts. It has four button cuffs and a single center vent. It was made in the USA.

It's in absolutely excellent condition, and is a steal at just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquiries are welcome!

Please PM with interest and offers!

Tagged 41R, this measures:

Sleeve: 23 3/4 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 19 3/4
Length: 30

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
17) Bullock & Jones gingham-esque summer jacket.

Founded in San Francisco in 1853 to provide clothing to persons made newly rich by the Gold Rush, Bullock & Jones became established as one of the premier purveyors of traditional clothing in San Francisco. They closed their signature Union Square store in 2002, and now only have an online presence.

This jacket shows why they were so well-liked for the century and a half that they operated in person. Cut from a lovely lightweight gingham-esque cloth that's a blend of mainly cotton, lycra, and polymide that feels to the touch to be a seersucker-type fabric. The patterning and colouring is lovely; a conservative gingham-esque blend of black, grey, and cream.

The jacket is a contemporary two button model; it is half-canvassed and fully lined. It has a single center vent, four button cuffs, and was, of course, Made in the USA. It is in excellent condition.

Asking just $30, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Tagged a 40, this measures:

Chest: 20 1/4
Sleeve: 26 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 19 1/2
Length: 32 1/2

18) TRAD/IVY GRAIL! LANGROCK 3/2 SACK LIGHTWEIGHT NAVY BLAZER, PERFECT FOR SUMMER! C.38.

Langrock was THE purveyor of Ivy Style during the Golden Age, and near the end of its life was running adverts announcing that it was the only store in America that still exclusively focused on the Ivy Look.

This is a classic Langrock jacket. Perfect for the summer or the warmer days of Spring and Fall this is cut from a lightweight wool. It is a classic 3/2 sack with two button cuffs and a single center vent. It has very natural shoulders. It is half-canvassed and half-lined, and was, of course, Union made in the USA. It has a very small smudge on the hem at the front, which will likely come out with dry cleaning, but as such this is in Very Good/Excellent condition, and is a bargain at just $25, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements:

Chest: 20 5/8
Sleeve: 25 1/4 (+2 1/4)
Shoulder: 18 1/8
Length: 31 1/2

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
19) NICK HILTON Linen and Silk Summer jacket.

Nick Hilton took over from his father, Norman Hilton, one of the founding fathers of Ivy Style, and now runs the last surviving classic men's clothier in Princeton.

This jacket is a worthy offering from the Hilton name! Although there is no fabric content listed it is clearly either all silk, or a blend of silk and linen. The fabric is lovely--a summery blue-green with extremely subtle overchecking in Royal blue and summer green. Cut as a contemporary two button jacket with subtle darts, this has three patch pockets. It is half-canvassed and quarter-lined, making it perfect for summer. It is unvented, in Flusser approved style and has four button cuffs. It was, of course, Union made in the USA.

Asking just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Tagged 43R, but measures closer to 41S:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 23 3/4 (+1 3/4)
Length: 29

20) NWT ALAN FLUSSER SILK JACKET WITH GORGEOUS LILAC LINING. PICK STITCHING THROUGHOUT! C.44R

This is a lovely jacket, and would be wonderful for Summer! Cut from pure silk, this jacket is a contemporary two button front model with darting. It has a single center vent, and a wonderful lining in pale lilac pink; the lining features pick stitching throughout. This jacket has three button cuffs and a single center vent. This jacket was an uncollected alteration--the sleeves were taken up--and so is new and unworn; it retains its original boutonniere tag. and all of the pockets are still basted shut, as is the vent. This is thus in excellent condition. Imported--just as the catalogues would say!

Asking just $29, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Tagged 44R. Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 20
Length: 31 1/8

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
21) ZEGNA JACKET--MADE IN SWITZERLAND. FULLY CANVASSED, FULLY LINED. C. 46, 48L.

This is lovely! Cut from beautifully soft dove grey wool with overchecking in cream and grey, this is fully canvassed and fully lined. It has lovely pick-stitching on the lapels. Cut as a contemporary two button jacket with darting, this is unvented, in Flusser-approved fashion. It is in absolutely excellent condition. Made in Switzerland.

Asking just $35, or offer.

Tagged 60EU (50US), this measures:

Chest: 23 3/4
Sleeve: 27 3/4 (+ 1 1/2)
Shoulder: 20 1/2
Length: 34 1/4

22) J. PETERMAN TRAVEL BLAZER WITH PATCH POCKETS! MADE IN THE USA. PERFECT FOR SUMMER!

J. Peterman was started in 1987 by John Peterman, who had once played baseball for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The brand was intended to take the place of Banana Republic, which had just been purchased by The Gap and which Peterman (correctly) foresaw would soon lose its way. To this end Peterman specialized in offering well-made clothing that reproduced iconic items of clothing, items that had romantic associations, or items that had appeared in popular films, all of which were advertised with background stories and the occasional hyperbole about their likelihood to make the wearer more attractive and successful.

This marketing approach was successful, but led to the company being mocked on the TV show Seinfeld, with Elaine's boss being the "world traveler and bon vinant" J. Peterman. As a trivial aside, the actor who played J. Peterman on Seinfeld was hired by the company to play an investor in its TV commercials, and became a member of their Board of Directors.

(J. Peterman is still going strong, and the hyperbole on their website is as overblown as always.... And, please, do NOT wear a kilt as they portray kilt-wearing, which reduces the pictured garment to a skirt! Men's kilts should be at least 1" above the knee, more if hiking.)

No doubt this blazer was described in glowing terms when it was first marketed. And it's certainly a very nice garment indeed, being cut from lighter-weight wool, with flapped patch pockets, darting, and a contemporary two button front. It is also fully lined, has four button cuffs, and a single centre vent. It was Made in the USA.

It has a small smudge on one sleeve--which is very inconspicuous, and which I only just noticed after examining the jacket carefully several times--and this will come out with the first dry clean. Given this, it is in Very Good/Excellent condition, and a bargain at just $30, or offer.

Tagged 44L--which is far too large! Measurements:

Sleeve: 26 1/8 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 19 1/2

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
23) CLASSIC SEERSUCKER JACKET, from Haspel!

Joseph Haspel founded Haspel in New Orleans in 1909 with the express aim of creating clothing that could be worn comfortably in the sub-tropical humidity of the Deep South. Recognizing that the British used seersucker widely in their tropical colonies, he created seersucker suits and jackets. These were immediately successful, and were imported into the Ivy League look by way of Princeton, long the traditional Ivy for men from the South. (And long only *men* from the South... True to the conservatism of ts student population Princeton , shockingly, didn't fully admit women until 1969.)
This is a lovely example of a contemporary Haspel seersucker jacket! Pure cotton, this is cut as a contemporary two-button jacket with subtle darts. It is quarter-lined, has a single center vent, and three button cuffs. It's in absolutely excellent condition, and is a steal at

just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Tagged 48R. Measurements:

Chest: 25
Sleeve: 26 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder:21
Length: 30 5/8

24) BEAUTIFUL 3/2 Linen Jacket in earth-toned gingham check!

This is absolutely lovely! Cut from wonderfully lightweight linen in a summery earth-toned gingham check this jacket has a 3/2 lapel roll and subtle darts. It is quarter-lined, and features a single center vent. It has three button cuffs, and was Made in the USA. It's in absolutely excellent condition.

Although a fairly contemporary offering from Banana Republic this harkens back to their products of their early years, when their products were excellent and they were an outfitter in the tradition of the then -defunct old-school Abercrombie & Fitch!

Asking just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Tagged a 42R, this measures:

Chest: 23 1/4
Sleeve: 23 7/8 (+2)
Shoulder: 20 1/4
Length: 31 1/8

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
25) VINTAGE LIGHTER-WEIGHT SUMMERY JACKET BY FRED. DONNELLY, OF TRENTON--WHEN TRENTON WAS GOOD! C.42.

This jacket was originally sold by Fred. Donnelly, of Trenton--back when Trenton was FAR wealthier and WASP than its neighbour, Princeton. F.W. Donnelly was THE exclusive men's haberdashers, and considered itself to cater to a far more sophisticated and worldly clientele that their Princeton rivals, such as Langrock or The English Shop, with their reliance on undergraduates and academics. Donnelly's catered to the political elite of New Jersey--indeed, Frederick Donnelly, the owner of Donnelly's, was mayor of Trenton for 20 years, from 1911 to 1931.

This jacket is a lovely example of the wares purveyed to Trenton's political elite. Dating from the 1960s this is cut as a two button jacket with subtle darts from lovely lighter-weight cloth (making it perfect for summer) with overchecking. This has two button cuffs and a single center vents; it also features lovely narrow lapels. It is half-canvassed and half-lined, and was, of course, Union Made in the USA. It is in excellent condition, and a steal at

just $25, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Measurements:

Sleeve: 26 1/4 (+2)
Shoulder: 17 3/4
Length: 33 1/2

26) Saint Laurie Light Weight Jacket--tailored in New York City!

Saint Laurie tailors were founded in Brooklyn in 1913, and still make all of their clothing in New York City--as proudly noted on the hang-tag in all of their suits and jackets!

This is a beautiful example of their work. Featuring plenty of handwork, this is cut as a standard two button jacket with subtle darting. The fabric is a wonderful dove grey lighter-weight wool with broken vertical stripes in cream and blue, and overchecking in russet. It is fully canvassed and fully lined and features a single center vent. It was, of course, made--largely by hand--in New York City. It is in excellent condition.

Saint Laurie's sports jackets start at around $1500, so this is an absolute bargain at just $35, ,or offer!

Measurements:

Chest: 20 1/2
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+2)
Shoulder: 17 3/4
Length: 30 1/4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner