Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

4 month review of Bill Kelso A2 Victory Horse Dark Seal Aero 18775

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perhaps, but I have seen many others with similar inconsistencies. Anyone who has handled a large number of A2s will tell you that the measurements were often all over the place. As long as the jacket met the basic spec the AN inspectors passed them.

Otter

One Too Many
Perhaps, but I have seen many others with similar inconsistencies. Anyone who has handled a large number of A2s will tell you that the measurements were often all over the place. As long as the jacket met the basic spec the AN inspectors passed them.
Tired machinists working a swing shift grabbing the nearest size label they come to? Do they match the dimensions specified for a larger size?

thor

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Alan for the review of this gorgeous BK jacket and to you Andrew for facilitating the photos directly onto the thread.
That is THE best looking repro A-2 I have ever seen!!!!
I now know what my next jacket will be!

Plumbline

One Too Many
A GREAT looking A2 .... with GREAT features. The sort of jacket which makes me want to get one because they look so good ( along with many of JC's creations).

They are truely things of beauty ... but sadly I have an aversion to elasticated cuffs and waist's :(

Awesome though .... wear it well.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Fantastic jacket, looks good, fit seems spot on. BK hit a home run with this one! I still think your Monarch looked great!

RayR

One of the Regulars
Fine Fit

ELC generally lack total accuracy. (There are stunning examples of top quality though- eg their Werber.
The feel of wearing the Werber is wonderful.
Goodwear of course have been the accuracy standard. JC offers exact replicas.
This A2 is a totally accurate Aero repro and is as good as Goodwear.
The feel and look of this jacket using the Victory Horse leather matches anything I have worn or indeed seen by Goodwear.
I have owned 4 Goodwear's and it is better than all of them. Of course that can be down to fit, comfort, etc as well. But I am stunned by the Victory Horse leather.
Still in football (soccer) terms and based on this jacket I would only put Goodwear and BK in the Champions League. The others remain still high but only in the Premiership.
Alan

That fit is splendid. I am about to buy my first high end A-2 jacket and am considering the Dubow 1755. I wanted to fit the way yours does so please tell me, is that what I would expect by asking BK for a relaxed fit? Or is there some other secret? I'm 5 foot eight and 170 pounds. From your picture I'd say we have similar body styles. I was thinking of adding a half inch to the sleeves and 1 inch to the bottom. But, I don't know what their dimensions are. I don't wanted to come up to short, and I don't want this leaves to be too fat.

Andy says they don't make OTR and they're only made to order. I sure would appreciate any advice you could give me. BTW, they have a new Victory horsehide that looks like a winner to me. Thanks!

Last edited:

ronbo

Familiar Face
MAN! Aero sure captures the "stories to be told" look of the real jacket!! I have a seal Aero B-3 two piece back Contract # 40-1721P and I just HOPE it looks like that one fine day. Cheers -Ronbo

carl1000

New in Town
Is it just me or does some of his Dark Seal leather jackets on Kelso's facebook page and website look a lot darker than yours? I am looking to order one from BK and really like the pictures I see with the darker color. Just wondering it's this way because it is in the sunlight.

thor

Call Me a Cab
On some custom made jackets, sometimes the color tone/shade/tint can vary (often quite noticeably) from panel to panel on the same jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo