Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40's cake wedding toppers

true vintage

New in Town
Does anyone know where I can find 1940's cake wedding toppers, preferably light skinned, black hair? Thanks!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
true vintage said:
Does anyone know where I can find 1940's cake wedding toppers, preferably light skinned, black hair? Thanks!

There appear to be a decent number of vintage ones on ebay. Just search for "vintage cake topper" and you should pull up about 150 choices.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I've seen a bunch in antique stores lately. I'm not in the same state, so that may not help much, but try your local "junk-shop" style antique store. :)

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
if you have something very specific in mind, and can't find it, i could possibly make you something... strangely enough making repro/custom vintage cake toppers is one of the ideas i was looking at doing a while back... i have some examples of my work in my myspace pictures; myspace.com/katiedeco

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Katie Brookes said:
if you have something very specific in mind, and can't find it, i could possibly make you something... strangely enough making repro/custom vintage cake toppers is one of the ideas i was looking at doing a while back... i have some examples of my work in my myspace pictures; myspace.com/katiedeco

:eek:fftopic: How interesting, Katie! I am going to keep you in mind because I am white and my beau is black, and when we get married I would love to have something like that on our cake. Thank you for making me aware of you! :)

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Off Topic, but here's my cake topper. Unfortunately the relationship ended before I got a chance to use it.
Bob.
730248541_cd1a14f19b.jpg

true vintage

New in Town
question?

Ms. Katie, that is awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

Is there anyway you can post the cake topper pictures on here for us to view? ;)

Woman: 1940's vintage inspired hairstyle, cherry red lips, fair skin, dark black hair, 40's vintage inspired white dress,

Gentleman: dark hair, fair skin, pomp w/ 1940's suit.

Pretty simple!

But I'll put more thought into it tonight, just in case I want to throw more ideas into it! hmm?

Thanks again!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
:eek:fftopic: How interesting, Katie! I am going to keep you in mind because I am white and my beau is black, and when we get married I would love to have something like that on our cake. Thank you for making me aware of you! :)

I couldn't find the website, but I found a great vintage wedding site that has tons of different cake toppers, including black couples. Maybe there would be a way you could buy a white couple and a black couple and mix and match them somehow!?

I'm far from getting married, but plan my vintage wedding often! ;) I was on the hunt for vintage cake toppers, but for my boyfriend and I (he is Mexican and has medium brown skin) I didn't find any cake toppers. We've discussed it and I think we are just gonna settle on Day of the Dead skeleton cake toppers instead!

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
true vintage said:
Is there anyway you can post the cake topper pictures on here for us to view?

I didn't finish any of then but they were one of my projects when I was doing a lot of vintage-style figurines last year... dolls and small figures is the basic sort of work I do so the pics on my myspace are just some of the dolls just kind of to show I know how to make a human figure :)
I will see if I can find any images...

ShortClara

One Too Many
My cake topper wasn't people, it had to do with a story about my hubby and I. We met at a theatre doing Summer stock. He wrote, in sharpie, our initials in a heart on the back of a fake tree on the brigadoon set :). My brother found the tree during strike and cut our initials out of the tree and gave it to me, and it's lived with us ever since. Well, when we got married, hubby made a tiny replica of the wood and out initials on it and we put it on the top of the cake. Then, in our programs, we told the story of the cake topper and how my brother saved it for me :) Sorry if that was long :eek: I hope you can all find your perfect toppers!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I got mine which was custom done (Han and Leia of Star Wars) from a lady on ebay. I think her user name was lacyling or laceyling. She might be able to do a custom job for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21