Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

500 years of female aesthetics

I'd seen this video before but I always enjoy seeing it again! I think it's hauntingly beautiful, that's the best way I can describe it. There are so many great pieces individually, but then to be strung together in an almost video timeline of femininity - I think it's great!

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
gluegungeisha said:
Here's another, of women in film. Probably more relevant in this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEc4YWICeXk

Thanks.
I had viewed Eggman913's Women in Art thanks to the recommendation of another FLer. Being classically trained and somewhat technologically adept, I really enjoyed the selections, the technical skill used to morph them, and the accompanying musical background. On reflection, however, I was realized the ideological flaw consequent to limiting the selections to Western art. Even though I shared the link with friends and family, my enthusiasm was diminished by that realization.

In Women in Film, however, the seamless inclusion of Dorothy Dandridge, Angela Bassett, Salma Hayek, and Halle Berry corrects that flaw by its confirmation of the universality of beauty.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
500 years

gluegungeisha said:

They were all painting the same girl just with thousands of different faces...

Beauty never changes.

500 yrs- why not 5000? they could have featured Nofretiti and the Venus of Milo too.

Western Art - not only.
If you look at Asiatic art (Chinese, Japanese, Indian, etc.) or African art (the Ivory mask in Benin) the female beauties are beautiful there also.

Nice clip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21