Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50s Leather Quality; Rants & Raves

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow!

I just received a vintage Harley with two rotted sleeves! Part of what started this rant was my concerns over HD Vintage Quality. This does answer question for me.

I know there are lots of reason for lots of things and this and that and variables to be added and then analyzed. I Would be very careful around their 50s Vintage jackets. They were made to a Cost not necessarily Quality. I get it 100% It was the Times.

They were made to a Cost not necessarily Quality.

All about Cost, that is a 50s thing. People probably had a similar conception of Quality then and now. There were a lot of choices in the 50s. Everyone made at least one form of Motorcycle jacket if not several styles. Leather was a strong garment in the 50s. More post-war demand led to a range of need in Quality, Quantity and of course Price.

as an Irony I could post many, many fine 1950s leather jackets, jackets that probably won't be leaving and I've got another on the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana