Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6 MORE CLASSIC SUMMER JACKETS! Made in Italy, NWOT Madras, Vintage Seersucker, more!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost!

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

7) MADE IN ITALY 3/2 sack summer plaid jacket for Faconnable.

Founded in Nice, France, in 1950, Faconnable specializes in traditional clothing with a subtle French twist--and has long had an affection for Ivy Style, as demonstrated in this lovely summer jacket!

Made in Italy, this is cut as a 3/2 sack from very lightweight summer wool. The patterning and colourway are lovely--a traditional Glen Plaid in the subdued brown shades of dusk on a summer evening. This jacket is half-canvassed and fully lined. It features four button cuffs and a twin vent, true to its Continental heritage. It also features a fully functional throat latch! It is in excellent condition, except for a small ink mark on the lining under the left-hand interior pocket.

Asking just $40, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquiries welcome, with shipping at reduced cost. Please PM with interest and offers!

Tagged M, this measures:

Chest: 22 1/4
Sleeve: 23 5/8 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 19 1/8
Length: 29 1/4

8) MADE IN ITALY 3/2 sack summer plaid jacket for Faconnable--with custom brass tennis buttons, MADE IN ENGLAND!

Founded in Nice, France, in 1950, Faconnable specializes in traditional clothing with a subtle French twist--and has long had an affection for Ivy Style, as demonstrated by this lovely summer jacket, the cousin to that which I've just posted!

Made in Italy, this is cut as a 3/2 sack from very lightweight summer wool. The patterning and colourway are lovely--a traditional gingham-esque pattern in the subdued brown shades of dusk on a summer evening. This jacket is half-canvassed and fully lined. It features four button cuffs and a twin vent, true to its Continental heritage. It also features a fully functional throat latch!

This jacket has has after-market buttons added to the front and the cuffs. Made in England, these are solid brass and feature crossed tennis racquets and a tennis next. Because these are solid brass they're a little bit heavy for the lightweight wool fabric, and I would advise changing them for lighter buttons. This is an easy job, and I could have this done if you wish for an additional $15. (I'll send along the brass tennis buttons in the pocket!)

It is in excellent condition.

Asking just $45, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquiries welcome, with shipping at reduced cost. Please PM with interest and offers!

Tagged M, this measures:

Chest: 21 7/8
Sleeve: 24 (+2)
Shoulder: 19 1/4
Length: 30 1/4

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
9) Vintage 1960s "Wash and Wear" Seersucker jacket from Haspel.

Vintage seersucker is hard to find, as the fabric is not known for being sturdy, and so I'm delighted to offer this wonderful vintage "Wash and Wear" seersucker jacket from Haspel!

Founded in New Orleans in 1909, Haspel were the originators of the seersucker suit. By the 1950s the founder's sons were at the helm, one of whom, Joseph Haspel Jr., decided that lightweight Wash and Wear fabrics would be a success. he was right, and with seersucker Wash and Wear suits and jackets from Haspel became a mainstay of Ivy Style, with Southern students and Princeton propagating the look. But the look wasn't confined to the Ivy League; Hollywood took notice too. Gregory Peck in *To Kill a Mockingbird* wore Haspel, as did Cary Grant in *Charade*.

This jacket is an original Haspel Wash and Wear seersucker-stripe jacket, in the classic blue and cream. In absolutely excellent condition this is cut as a standard two button front jacket with subtle darting. It is half-lined, and features a single center vent and four button cuffs. It was, of course, Made in the USA.

Asking just $45, or offer, for this lovely and rare vintage piece of Americana, shipped in the USA! International inquires are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost. Please PM with interest and offers!

Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/8
Sleeve: 26 1/4 (+1)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 31 1/2

10) WONDERFULLY TEXTURED PURE SILK SUMMER JACKET with windowpane overcheck!

This jacket is wonderful! Not only is the silk fabric wonderfully slubby and textured, but this jacket has been woven so that the plain cream base is pattered with birdseye squares in precisely the same cream silk. The effect is wonderfully subtle, and can only really be seen in my close-up pictures! The cream silk is then overchecked with windowpane checking in dark berry red and golden wheat. The buttons on this jacket are also lovely--utterly 1960s, and likely old stock. Please see my close-ups to appreciate the geometric shapes inside the buttons themselves! And the lining does full justice to the rest of the jacket, being a geometric pattern in light cream.

The jacket is cut as a contemporary two button model with subtle darts. It features two lower patch pockets and a single center vent. It has three button cuffs. It was Union made in the USA, and is in excellent condition.

Asking just $39, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA. International offers are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost.

Measurements
:

Chest: 20
Sleeve: 23 1/8 (+2 1/2)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 30

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
11) NWOT ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Madras 3/2 Jacket with Three Patch Pockets from Polo by Ralph Lauren!

This jacket comes complete with its original tags, but since they are not attached this is being sold as "New, Without Tags".

Made for the British market this beautiful jacket was originally sold by Harvey Nichols of Knightsbridge, London, one of the most upscale stores in the city, catering to the upper-middle-class Sloane Rangers of Chelsea, Knightsbridge, and the Home Counties.

Given this provenance this jacket is absolutely beautiful. Cut from a wonderful traditional madras cotton plaid in blues and creams with sepia orange-pink accent stripes this jacket is cut as a 3/2 jacket with subtle darts and a lovely fluid lapel roll. It features a patch breast pocket and two lower flapped pockets. It has wonderfully slim 60s-inspired lapelsfour button cuffs, and a single vent. It is half-lined in the same fabric as the exterior shell, and beautifully unstructured.

As you'd expect for a jacket that was tried on precisely once and comes complete with its original tags this is in absolutely excellent condition!

It originally retailed for around $275.... so how about just $75, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA?
1f642.png
:) International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost.

Size M. Measurements:

Chest: 19 1/4
Sleeve: 26 5/ 16 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 18 1/2
Length: 30 1/8

12) NICK HILTON Linen and Silk Summer jacket.

Nick Hilton took over from his father, Norman Hilton, one of the founding fathers of Ivy Style, and now runs the last surviving classic men's clothier in Princeton.

This jacket is a worthy offering from the Hilton name! Although there is no fabric content listed it is clearly either all silk, or a blend of silk and linen. The fabric is lovely--a summery blue-green with extremely subtle overchecking in Royal blue and summer green. Cut as a contemporary two button jacket with subtle darts, this has three patch pockets. It is half-canvassed and quarter-lined, making it perfect for summer. It is unvented, in Flusser approved style and has four button cuffs. It was, of course, Union made in the USA.

Asking just $39, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost. Please PM with interest and offers!

Tagged 43R, but measures closer to 41S:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 23 3/4 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 18 1/2
Length: 29

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
PRICE DROPS! OFFERS VERY WELCOME!

7) SOLD
8) SOLD
9) SOLD
10) SOLD
11) $60
12) $32

Prices include shipping in the USA--ALL OFFERS VERY WELCOME!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy