Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

I'm pretty sure I saw it on eBay and asked rhe seller. That was his answer. Sorry if it was wrong. I inquired about it a while back.

That's my neck of the woods. Not familiar with the "Berkeley Leather Co."
A google search brought up a "Berkeley CA Leather Tanning and Finishing Co."
I wonder if maybe the seller meant they thought the leather was supplied from there?

John Lever

One Too Many
The Lost Worlds A-1 is beautifully made as are all their jackets, but the leather is too thick for the design. They are much better in Capeskin as were the originals.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Yes, I agree with HoosierD--

I have an Aero capeskin A-1. Even my wife likes it (the ultimate stamp of approval). There are pics lying around here on the forum somewhere from when I first purchased it. Fits perfectly. One of my favorites. Just to further support Jeff M, I've lived within 25 miles of Berkeley for most of my life and I've never heard of the Berkeley Leather Company as a manufacturer of leather jackets. And, I agree with John Lever, this style really needs a skin that drapes well. Capeskin is magic in an A-1.

John Lever

One Too Many
John, If you look at the hang loop knitting there is a minor difference. On mine there is only single stitching on each side of the hang loop and on lost worlds it is crossed sqare stitching.
I think Stuart has varied some details over the years. The pocket flaps are the same as LW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran