Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A couple of fashion pet peeves...

I actually had to look this one up in order to remove it from my 'Nah, couldn't be!' folder. ;) But here it is:

C9625.jpg

giphy.gif

Edward

Bartender
I think my biggest pet peeve is (since I'm technically a millenial) is being called a hipster for wearing suits, sweaters and hats. It doesn't help that I live in a very, very rural area where most people wear camo daily, which is a pet peeve of my own.

Perhaps it's only around here but has anyone else seen camo tuxes? They're popular here. Good lord, have mercy on my retinas.

Yes. Ironically, that sort of thing is far more hipster than a suit.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
. . . And does anyone still buy late model Buicks?
Yep! In fact there's a big community at Buickforums.com. Buicks are like vintage Resistols: the unsung bargain in the marketplace, purchased by people who know a good deal when they see one. (Yes, I'm biased; stipulated. This is my car.)

Regal_2011_Exterior.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
. . . Men who are really serious about the fit of their suits only buy made-to-measure suits anyway. Shirts don't matter so much because a shirt is an undergarment, or used to be, at least. By the way, take note of the fact that a Brooks Brothers suit from their "timeless classic" collections will set you back $998. But the shipping is free if you order on line. But beware: it's a two-button suit and as we all know, that isn't classic.
In the Brooks website's pics, most of the "timeless classic" collection doesn't look any better than the stuff I see on TV or in movies now. Looks like an MTM suit is in my future for sure.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Yep! In fact there's a big community at Buickforums.com. Buicks are like vintage Resistols: the unsung bargain in the marketplace, purchased by people who know a good deal when they see one. (Yes, I'm biased; stipulated. This is my car.)

View attachment 105198
I actually got a Buick about 2 weeks ago.
Buicks are super comfortable cars. And it's the closest thing to bench seats in a modern car Ive seen.
Aaaaaand I got mine for free. Bargain indeed.

Resistols are getting discovered more and more, I've noticed. Their prices are inflating now. (At least from what I've seen)
My favorite hat brand.

OldStrummer

Practically Family
Two years ago I went to Maui on vacation. As part of my package, I was granted a "luxury upgrade" vehicle. Upon landing, I searched the rental car lot for my car. Lo and behold, in a separate lot, sitting by itself was a lone Buick Verona. It was my "luxury upgrade" (I own and drive a Mercedes).

I officially became an old man that night...

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Were you yelling at Justin Timberlake during halftime? Looks like he snuck into my closet at the farm. Camo pants? Check. Shirt with a deer on it? Uh-huh. Bandana? Oh yeah. (Sold the cross-zip MC jacket recently)

I do not have a camo sport coat though. And...he makes all this look good I suppose. :rolleyes:

vlcsnap-2018-02-05-01h25m19s58.jpg

vlcsnap-2018-02-05-01h28m01s140.jpg
Actually, I'm at work, so no Super Bowl for me. I'm not a football guy anyway, although I do usually tune in for the halftime show.
I definitely would have been yelling.

Edward

Bartender
Jinkies. I followed American football for a few years in the late eighties. Can't recall who played in the last Superbowl I watched, but I think it was about 1990 or maybe 1991. I don't recall any of the halftime shows then, though I do know I'd have been furious if I'd paid real money to go to the game and had to sit through the dross I've seen reported playing ta it in the last several years.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Jinkies. I followed American football for a few years in the late eighties. Can't recall who played in the last Superbowl I watched, but I think it was about 1990 or maybe 1991. I don't recall any of the halftime shows then, though I do know I'd have been furious if I'd paid real money to go to the game and had to sit through the dross I've seen reported playing ta it in the last several years.
Now if you had been at the Stade de France and seen Johnny Sexton kick a drop goal, three minutes into extra time, to crush the French and send the Irish fans home delirious, you wouldn't have given a second thought to any other sport. Must be something to do with the name, England's Jonny Wilkinson did something similar in 2003, when he crushed the hearts of the Aussies.

Edward

Bartender
Now if you had been at the Stade de France and seen Johnny Sexton kick a drop goal, three minutes into extra time, to crush the French and send the Irish fans home delirious, you wouldn't have given a second thought to any other sport. Must be something to do with the name, England's Jonny Wilkinson did something similar in 2003, when he crushed the hearts of the Aussies.

Heh, the last time I watched the rugby, it was still called the Five Nations. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana