Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A first for me ...

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I just came out of the first antique shop I've found that had a hat selection! They had a couple of beat up Borsalinos, a Dobbs straw, an unknown furry hat, a Stetson, and a lot of women's hats. Nothing my size (probably a good thing right now) but the thrill of the find was incredible!

buler

I'll Lock Up
The thrill of the hunt is always sweet. I also found a really, really nice Dobbs straw at an antique shop this weekend. It was "fedora" shaped and in near mint condition. But it was a 6 7/8 size. I did buy a strange oval shaped wood item that I was sure was for hat making. Turns out its a hat block or flange. So I learned something.

B

carter

I'll Lock Up
HamletJSD said:
I just came out of the first antique shop I've found that had a hat selection! They had a couple of beat up Borsalinos, a Dobbs straw, an unknown furry hat, a Stetson, and a lot of women's hats. Nothing my size (probably a good thing right now) but the thrill of the find was incredible!
What size(s) were those hats and did you get any pictures? Lots of folks here would be interested. Who knows, you may have a cottage industry in your own backyard.

buler

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
What size(s) were those hats and did you get any pictures? Lots of folks here would be interested. Who knows, you may have a cottage industry in your own backyard.

Carter, good point on the pictures. I was kicking myself for not taking my camera with. Also saw some great hat boxes with excellent artwork. Next time I'll have it.

B

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
The thought crossed my mind... If they had a cheaper tag I may have made them an offer and passed it along to someone here.

I may still drop back in there, but they were trying to get $50+ for a beater and I wasn't sure how much I could talk them down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy