Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A free offer to the ladies. . .

Viviene

Vendor
I have a dress from 1929 that I purchased. The lady I bought it from said it belonged to her cousin's mom. It was her "going away" dress that she wore after her wedding. The dress is good for display or to use as a pattern only as there are several places where the dress has what appear to be "cut marks" which are actually where the fabric has disintegrated. If you would be interested in this dress I would be willing to also pay the shipping to you as well. Please post if you would like to be put in the drawing for the dress. I appreciate the wonderful community I have found here.

Mojito

One Too Many
Hallo Vivienne -

That's a very kind offer! I collect 1920s pieces, and have a few that are display/pattern only that I keep because I couldn't bear to see them destroyed or disintigrate further. However, I live in Australia, which might put me out of the draw for understandable reasons (although I would of course be happy to send money for postage down under if you decided it could do with a voyage).

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
I would also love to be considered, I started collecting vintage about 2 years ago and one day plan to some how historically document and use my garments for historical purposes for others to see.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Count me in! What a lovely idea!
I should go through some of my peices and see if I have something to give up as well!

I too would pay the postage.

Nikki

Viviene

Vendor
Ladies,

Postage is not a problem at all and I realize some of us are farther than others. It's not a problem and will be labeled as a gift so no customs problems should the winner not be in the U.S. Anyone else interested?

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Oh wow, that's such a beautiful idea. I'd really like to be considered as well.

I wonder if I have anything around that someone else would get more use from ...

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I just wanted to say that I received the dress in the mail yesterday and it is absolutely lovely! The story behind this dress is so neat and I am thrilled that I can give this frock a home. :) Thanks again, Viviene!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Congrats Jitterbug! Can't wait to see pics! This was a nice offer Viviene. I'm so glad we have others to share these items with!

Nikki

Mojito

One Too Many
Great to hear it's gone to the best home possible - congrats, Jitterbugdoll! (And Viviene, for organising it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL