Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Little Inspiration....

Flitcraft

One Too Many
The Aviator himself- HH:

th_NSAPPE10_small.jpg

Hmmm.....wonder if he bought that jacket at Aero?

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Interesting that this season's "must have" look is a dress shirt/tie paired with a leather jacket.
"The more things change....."

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Flitcraft said:
Interesting that this season's "must have" look is a dress shirt/tie paired with a leather jacket.
"The more things change....."
If it's coming from the pages of a modern "fashion" mag. it'll probably consist of a way too long tie and trousers with the waist worn down on the hips. Oh, and the shirt won't be tucked in. I like the HH way better.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
If it's coming from the pages of a modern "fashion" mag. it'll probably consist of a way too long tie and trousers with the waist worn down on the hips. Oh, and the shirt won't be tucked in. I like the HH way better.

Yes, not to mention that most of the leather jackets are super tight and loaded with enough zippers, studs and other hardware to make you look like a Christmas tree.

I know leather jackets from the '20's to the '40's were cut on the snug side, but the ones I've seen in the recent fashion mags look like they're about three sizes too small for the model.

Hughes looks looks dashing and put-together. The guys in the mags look like they're wearing a jacket they've had since they were about twelve years old.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
That jacket was made by the British firm, Belstaff- a remake of an older design.
They have a 'vintage range'. If you look at a larger example of that image, you will see the 'Belstaff' logo on the sleeve-

Here's a slightly bigger pic of HH in the leather-

Copyofhughes.jpg

...and the Belstaff jacket-

Copyof9b_1_b-1.jpg

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR