Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Maltese Falcon prop we overlooked

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Ithink Joel Cairo's Greek passport from John Huston's "Maltese Falcon" would be a snazzy prop to have. There ar some good shots of it. I just need to research the colors for it now. Wish me luck.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Well now, if we are talking about golden age things given to us then I have a huge list. Including and not limited to the Black Beauty from the Green Hornet serials, any of Bogarts suits (heck, even Fred Mac Murray's (( or Jerry Calona's, for goodness sake)), William Powell's or Cary Grant's grace and maybe Ann Sheridan's love.
I'm not a picky man.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
It looks like the cover of Cairo's greek passport is dark blue with white. I also have a 1920s prop cd from Cthulhulives.com that has passport visas that would work well for Joel Cairo.
I'm on my way.

By the way, Blackjack, for the piano prop make sure the letters of transit are hidden inside.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Actually, I beleive that piano is in the hands of some Hollywood lawyer. He was on "Hunt for Amazing treasures" or one of those shows and this guy bought it for about a buck at the time a few years back. It had been kicking around the back lots for 60 years and been repainted about a dozen times, but I guess he spent about 20,000 restoring it back to it's Casablanca glory. Lucky guy. I think this is the same guy who was searching for and finally found the original Cowardly Lion suit from the Wizard of Oz, this guys whole house was like a movie museum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21