Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A "new" poster for my home

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Hey all, how do you like my "new" movie poster?

Nothing's better than some 1938 Flynn on canvas, eh?

Mike
flynn-600x450.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh Mike, meant to say about the slouch hat...

As I know you like that Grainger look! Well I was in an old hotel the other day in a wee place called Kelso, on the Scottish border. This place is right by the river Tweed, a great salmon river and brings anglers from all over the UK and Europe. In fact the whole area is into Field Sports, so you get guys with tweed deerstalker hats and plus fours breeches and tweed jackets with more hair on the jacket than a grizzly bear! adds to the atmosphere, and many stay at the Ednam House (look it up on the internet) as it is straight out of the 20s with cream tea served in monogrammed silver ware, rods in the hallway, big fire in the entrance hall, leather chesterfield suites and oil paintings and stag heads on the wall..etc, it's a time warp and I love it. Anyway, a guy passed through wearing what looked like an old Chindit or Gurkha slouch hat like it had just come out of the jungle in Burma!!! you would have loved it. Think he was the gardener, but it looked great on him!

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Paddy,

You succeed in making me wish I was back home in Surrey where I belong. One day I have vowed to come home for good and finally put down roots where I grew up. Until that day, SIGH, life goes on.

Oh, and about the poster - I'll try to find out where it came from - It was a gift. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy