Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A New Schott Model: The 603USA Cafecto

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Thedi's aren't all there cracked up to be either. The collars on there CR's leave something to be desired IMO.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I don't like it, but that CAF1 looks nice... but in my the model wears a size too big though
and the color of that lambskin is amazing

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't like the look of this but my jacket tastes are conservative. I like Schott but their attempts to chase a broader market seem a bit sad to me. Is it working?

Why don't they do some of their better known styles in long sizes? It seems their jackets are designed for people no taller than five eleven.

When it comes to leather, I really like the idea of buying American, from a company with a history and at a reasonable price. Schott should be a central player.

Last edited:
I don't like the look of this but my jacket tastes are conservative. I like Schott but their attempts to chase a broader market seem a bit sad to me. Is it working?

Why don't they do some of their chore jackets in long sizes? It seems their jackets are designed for people no taller than five eleven.

When it comes to leather, I really like the idea of buying American, from a company with a history and at a reasonable price. Schott should be a central player.
I agree with the sentiment here. And more over why not offer some relatively easy custom options like longer sleeve/ body lengths on multiple models. I'm in the 5'11" range and all of the sleeves, on every model I've owned, are too short for even casual wear. I positively love some of their designs but simply can't wear them!

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Can you explain?
Sure...on some of the Thedi CR's the neck hole appears too wide,and the collar itself is too thin or short. Also, it juts out or protrudes out in an odd way....like there is a material inside the collar keeping it stiff and fixed. Hoped this helped.....just my 2 cents.

kronos77

One of the Regulars
While I feel for you taller guys, keep in mind that schott does offer tall sizes in many models. They don't offer short sizes at all, as far as I know.

Scott have done long sizes. I've owned some. They're a solid jacket, but not on par with many brands we liked here. I think that for their retail prices, it's too close to custom or great used jackets.

While I feel for you taller guys, keep in mind that schott does offer tall sizes in many models. They don't offer short sizes at all, as far as I know.

I disagree. 'Longs" are only offered in a 'few' models, which is longer in the body but not so much in the sleeves. Their current rising prices just doesn't reflect much variation in sizing.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I think Schott prices are correct, starting at around $700. Really junk leather jackets are $550-$650. Agreed Schott's upper end at around $1000 is pushing close to Aero and some others. As far as custom sizing.......if a person needs something made to order they have to go somewhere else ( and pay more ). Schott jackets fit most people just fine and they look great too. Its must not be worth it to them to deal with the occasional person who needs an inch here or there.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think Schott prices are correct, starting at around $700. Really junk leather jackets are $550-$650. Agreed Schott's upper end at around $1000 is pushing close to Aero and some others. As far as custom sizing.......if a person needs something made to order they have to go somewhere else ( and pay more ). Schott jackets fit most people just fine and they look great too. Its must not be worth it to them to deal with the occasional person who needs an inch here or there.

Idk. I wouldn't call U.S. Authenic/Gibson Barnes or Aerial Star junk. I think the $500 range is kind of the mecca, esp for finding used Aeros/whatnot on ebay. That said, Schott makes a nice jacket, and has a unique feel and style unique to the brand which has no price limit if someone finds it appealing and wants to spend money on it.

100% with Treeman here - any, and I do mean ANY Schott jacket is entirely worth whatever they're asking for it - and moreso. As long as there's a single manufacturer charging a grand for a jacket (price I strongly believe no jacket is worth this much money, but that's another issue altogether), Schott has EVERY right to ask for $700. It may be OTR, but you're getting a jacket that's either equal to any other jacket from any other manufacturer, or better.

Besides, the custom sizing argument is derp. People are cheerfully paying $2000 for RMC, which is also OTR and either equal or inferior to Schott in construction, materials and quality so mind blown.

You can say you don't like any of the designs from Schott, sure, or that the OTR measurements aren't working for you or any other personal issue you may have with Schott, but to claim that Schott is not worth their money has equal merit as me saying that, I don't know, Good Wear jackets should cost $200 because you have to wait for so long.

A photo of a Schott leather jacket. One you can have for $700. Or, you can buy a copy for a $1200 all the way up to $5000. Your call.

p1030041.jpg

kronos77

One of the Regulars
I couldn't tell you what makes great leather, but I know great leather when I see it...I think.

Could anyone who thinks that the Schott premium leathers, especially the naked cowhide, is not top notch, please explain why? I don't know all that much about grading leather, but that one seems to me on par with anything I have seen. Again, I am no expert.

Perhaps people question Schott's lesser leathers--the waxy cowhide, pebbled cowhide, or that used on their made overseas models. Or maybe it is something else. MAybe the stitching? The lack of modern moto jacket features like body armour? Though Aero and others are not up to date in that regard either. If the issue is safety features for riding, then I get it, but for a walk around jacket of quality, I am unable to see what is wrong.

Nothing 'wrong'. Just that some think that Schott's category runs more along similar lines of Fox Creek and other $500 USA made traditional style leather biker jackets where Vanson ( and others ) are a step up in MC gear and riding construction (not considering the safety aspect ). As far as MC style streetwear, then everything that sets the other premium jacket makers at the top of the heap applies. Grainy hides, custom sizing, etc. All the things that are discussed on this forum most every day.
HD

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
HD... Fox Creek and Schott DO NOT run along similar lines in any way!!! Those " some people " that think that are wrong and should get there heads out of the clouds..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21