A New Schott Model: The 603USA Cafecto

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by kronos77, May 13, 2016.

1. kronos77

kronos77 One of the Regulars

2. Monitor

Monitor

It's been on the site for a while now. Very cool jacket. Personally I would lose the epaulets but it's nice nonetheless. Nice name, too. Cafecto. lol!

They've got some really nice stuff.

[​IMG]

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312

Haven't tried it on but I think it came out around xmas this year. I love the idea here but I think they should ditch the cig pocket and epaulettes. It's just too busy with those unnecessary details. CR should be lean, mean and clean. IMHO

4. ton312

ton312

LOL. Told ya. Simpatico.

Monitor likes this.
  5. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

It kinda reminds me of the awesome Thedi jacket that haunts my dreams....one day....one day

MTC12796_1.jpg

TBH, I still prefer the Thedi.

tblay, ton312 and nick123 like this.
  6. From the photos I've seen on this forum, I'd much rather have a Thedi ( by far ) than any Schott.
    HD

Peacoat likes this.
  7. technovox

technovox One Too Many

Plus one. That Thedi is a stunner.
    To me, the cafecto just looks like a clueless designer trying too hard to be different...a jacket that couldn't decide if it was a cafe racer or a perfecto. But perhaps it's me who has a problem with change- lord knows I've had my share of Franken-jackets.

8. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Have to admit there's at least a hint of resemblence to this timeless classic:
    80s members only.jpg
    Back to the 80's we go!! :) :) Sorry could not resist...

ton312 and nick123 like this.
  9. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

The Schott isn't bad. At first I thought the leather looked like a dark navy. It would have to be a dark navy for me to justify getting it. But I'd wear it happily in black.

*probably too short and slim though!

10. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

I was looking at that jacket just today. I like the pockets, and the oiled, waxed Italian lamb has surprising thickness and character. If I didn't already have my one keeper, this would be in the running.

11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Interesting design. Nice to see them experimenting with this; it's different, but not jarringly so to my eye. I'd agree it would be better without the epaulettes.

12. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

That Thedi..... it's too good.
    What was the name of the other jacket you were even considering? I forgot... :p

13. Monitor

Monitor

That's what I really like about Schott. Lately they've really been pumping out many new designs, and they're not taking themselves seriously about it at all. Kaff racer and and a Perfecto mix? Called Cafecto? Why not. None of that... tides of shifting oils nonsense. On a jacket designed to literally bore people to death.
    125 is back and seems they've improved it a bit. Something called 50's Perfecto. Perfecto MC vest and CAF1 is back. Cool stuff.

And now back to people who will happily drop two grands on a copy of a Schott jacket, while whining about Schott prices.

Acererak and TREEMAN like this.
  14. kronos77

kronos77 One of the Regulars

I am not crazy about the Schott or the Thedi. I thought the Schott was interesting because of the slim fit, which seems even slimmer than the 689 and others in its series. This Cafecto is a bit too Perfecto and not enough Csfe for my taste.

I don't get the dislike some people have for Schott here. I would like to see more slim designs from them and if they would put more effort into made to measure, I would have at least one more.

My opinion is that the naked cowhide they use is the most beautiful hide of any jacket manufacturer. It has advantages and disadvantages overall, but for looks it can't be beat.

Acererak and TREEMAN like this.
  15. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

GO SCHOTT !!!

Acererak and Monitor like this.
  16. I don't think it is actually 'dislike' for Schott or necessarily the quality..but some of us just don't consider it quite in the premium jacket category ( although I own a Schott MC jacket..and have owned several in the past ). Schott does seem quite popular in Europe and to those that only require regular sizing.
    Their leather is normally decent cow or steer hide with the occasional much better run of more exceptional hides.
    With custom sizing not generally advertised or rarely available, makes it more of an off the rack jacket that some of us most often find less than desirable and the somewhat cheaper price doesn't make it fit.
    HD

Peacoat, Edward, Fanch and 1 other person like this.
  17. ton312

ton312

I agree. I've owned serval Schott jackets and loved them but always wished the sleeve length was about 1.5" -2" longer. If I choose an off the rack 118 vs an off the rack Vanson model E in the same size, the Vanson will have already made the provision for longer sleeve length where the Schott has not. The standard sleeve length on a Vanson in my size is 26.5" vs 24.5" in a Schott. It's very easy to make a sleeve/ body length adj. with so many of the other makers with no impact on price. Just as HD stated the lower price doesn't make it fit any better. And in my experience Schotts customer service people aren't keen on these types of requests. Certainly not a knock on the quality of a Schott jacket but the wearability, for me, just isn't ideal.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  18. Exactly. My Vanson also has approx 26.5 sleeve length as well and the overall construction is more MC dedicated than a Schott.

ton312 likes this.
  19. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Monitor, which jacket is that on your post? That patina and light on the leather is excellent!

20. Monitor

Monitor