Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new site that you are going to love....

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Take a look at the new navigation on the apparel page.

http://www.thegoldenera.net/

I are really pleased with it. Most sites are text driven navigation. They are just a list of words that are links. It takes more effort to think outside the box....but the results make it worthwhile. The Golden Era has it's own look that sets it apart from other sites.

Now we just need more content. Let me know what you guys think.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by MK
Take a look at the new navigation on the apparel page.

http://www.thegoldenera.net

I are really pleased with it. Most sites are text driven navigation. They are just a list of words that are links. It takes more effort to think outside the box....but the results make it worthwhile. The Golden Era has it's own look that sets it apart from other sites.

Now we just need more content. Let me know what you guys think.

Very clever... I hope all the elevator buttons get tabbed with something.... I like it. :cool2:

kite005

New in Town
The Golden Era Radio section

Just went to check out The Golden Era site. The radio section inspired me to post this reply. Maybe many of you know of this show and it might not everyones cup of tea but Garrison Keillers "Prairie Home Companion" on public radio stations is one that, while might it not be done like the old radio shows, as far as I know it's the only real radio show I know of.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Howdy Kite005,

I listen to Prairie Home every Saturday evening. I agree with you, it's a terrific old-time radio show. I especially like their old fashioned sound effects guy. Have you ever been able to see their show live in St. Paul?

kite005

New in Town
Yes I took my son to the april joke show. I wish I would have received tickets for one of the regular shows but it was still very good. Also the Fitzgerald Theatre is a beautiful theatre inside.

kite005

New in Town
I just watched a show on tv. 100 years of American Film Institute.
It was very good. I think I'm begining to understand the feeling.
Maybe it started a long time ago with some shoes I bought and some slacks. Then now I got a hat. I want to know more and I'm only 46 yrs old tomorrow. Thanks guys.

kite005

New in Town

Edward

Bartender
Just chanced across this thread for the first time. The site looks superb, MK. One think I, as still a real vintage novice, would find really helpful would be a few articles helping the creation of a vintage outfit specific to a certain era. Most of the time I'm happy to mix and match, and I like to think I'm not too bad at putting together a generic "vintage" look. That said, I'd love to be able to pull off a "mid thirties" or "war period" or "late forties" look, for instance, should the occasion call for it, and it would be great to see some articles pointing out the key features of the periods - both things like suit features (jacket cut, lapels, etc) and the accessories (shirt collars, cufflinks, ties - cut and typical patterning styles). In a similar vein, actually, it occurs to me as I type that a few articles along the lines of "what to look out for in a 40s suit" and the likes, shopping guides, would be really useful for those of us less knowledgeable who don't want to risk being taken by an unscrupulous salesperson.

Really enjoying the information about Bogart's hats especially, and the links section looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo