Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new site that you are going to love....

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Well....you should.....it's ours! I am launching a new site this up coming week called The Golden Era. It will be the main site and will host this board instead of my Regular-Guy site.

The Golden Era will have great referrence pages much like Indy Gear....except it will stay current. Of course it will announce and promote our Queen Mary event.

I am already working on pages. There will be special pages devoted to pictures and information on hats, suits, music, classic Hollywood, movies and much more.

Right now I am building pages like my ROTLA fedora page from regular-guy. I have the Bogart/Falcon page almost done.

I will need your help in adding content. There is too many great threads with info that should be available for us to reference for years to come. I don't want those to fade away, so now it will have a permanent home.

The address will be www.thegoldenera.net

Michaelson

One Too Many
Will we be already registered by being registered here, or do we have to go through the registration process again? Regards. Michaelson

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Look at it this way, Michaelson, you sign up for COW, but you don't sign up for Indygear.com. Either that, or there's a buttload of useful information on Indygear that I've never seen because I didn't sign up. Nah.

Regards, Daryl.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Thanks for the clarification. Then as I'm understanding it, the new site will be the base site for general public access, and the Lounge will be the forum section OF the new site with the required registration. Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Well, I'm slow, and with the cold front moving in right now, iwhich isn't helping, it took me some time, but I figured I'd come up with the answer sometime soon. (grins) Regards. Michaelson

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
oh.....I forgot to mention......The items on the desk will be how you navigate the site rather than a typical list of links. I hope to have roll-overs that tell you where each item will take you when you put your curser over it. The movie magazine will take you to the movie section. The radio takes you to the music page. The falcon will take you to the Rare Treasures (props) page. The rolodex (which will be replaced with a vintage one) will take you to links. The Triva Cafe matchbook will take you to the triva page. Originally I was going to have the fedora for the apparel section.....but I felt it would confuse people, so it will take you to The Fedora Lounge.

I need something for the apparel section. The only thing I can think of in an ad for clothes or an 8X10 of a well dresses gent.

I don't know what the phone will be for but I had to include it.

The postcard is obviouly for the Queen Mary event....but I feel it is such an important part that it needs to be something more.

The drink is TBD too.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Originally posted by MK
oh.....I forgot to mention......The items on the desk will be how you navigate the site rather than a typical list of links...

I need something for the apparel section. The only thing I can think of in an ad for clothes or an 8X10 of a well dresses gent.

I don't know what the phone will be for but I had to include it.

The postcard is obviouly for the Queen Mary event....but I feel it is such an important part that it needs to be something more.

The drink is TBD too.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
oH MAN, having the quote button below the post is throwing me off.

MK, I have some ideas for ya:
The drink could be events/gatherings or you could have a desk calendar for that.

For apparel, I like the idea of an ad. or what about a pair of glasses, cufflinks, or a tie for the apparel page? Will you have info on ladies' clothing too on there?

For the phone, perhaps it could be the contact page to email you or maybe even a page for Bios/contact page for your moderators like Indygear has set up. Or maybe use the rolodex for contact/bios page with the phone as the links page...just ideas I'm throwing out as they're coming to my brain.

What about an 8x10 picture on the desk to link to photos of your Golden Era friends?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails