Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Panama Hat worthy of FDR

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
lol lol lol lol

That was too much fun. Nicki made me do it!!!

Here are the only shots I got before I had to rush off earlier today. Tomorrow I'll do more of a photo documentation of the beautiful work done by Graham at Optimo.

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Macheath

One of the Regulars
She's a beaut!

I've not been on FL as frequently as I used to, but this was one thread that I've really been keeping my eye on, and I'm glad I did.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
As for Graham's thoughts, I touched on that in post #131. I haven't talked with him since he received the hat and called me. He's not usually a very enthusiastic, talkative type but he went on for about ten minutes solid about what a uniquely fine hat this is.

It was during this conversation that he convinced me that the optimo crown would be best. I agreed and am happy with the outcome. Due to my size (7LO) there was plenty of brim left and presently it is flanged in a way that makes it somewhat 'lampshade-like' from the front view and with a severe snap up in back. Without attempting anything dangerous, I'll see if I can train it to snap a little differently, but if not, that's OK.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
lol lol lol lol

That was too much fun. Nicki made me do it!!!

Here are the only shots I got before I had to rush off earlier today. Tomorrow I'll do more of a photo documentation of the beautiful work done by Graham at Optimo.

DSC_0018.jpg

Great job!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Don´t know where I would have gone to in order to have it properly blocked and finished over here, in Europe.

I very much like the rounded, rater than steep center crease. It is on the one hand clear cut and defined, jet molliflowous in it´s overall appearance. A very pure statement and match of form and texture, indeed!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap Very fine indeed. Leave it as it is, will get used to that nice back folding brim - must have taken a sometime to create that shape...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
It looks really old school and I hope that you like it. Something tells me it's not going to be one of your favorite hats to wear. I could be wrong. Either way it's certainly a special and very nice addition to the HPG stable.

Thanks for sharing the entire start to finish process with us. And I do hope that you have some fingernails left! I'm really very happy for you -

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Gene,

I am happy that the masterwork finally arrived at you. I bet you won't part too soon from it.

Thaks for the story and the photos.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff