Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 flight jacket Leather patch help

rustles

New in Town
Hey everyone I do appreciate everyone's advice regarding jacket designs for my A2 jacket. I did finalize one design i'm gonna go with and I really would appreciate your help with this. I found out my grandfather was in the 1st weather reconnaissance squadron during WW2 and I looked up if they had a patch and they did! I tried to look up where to buy one but I had no luck sadly. However I'm hoping either you or if you know someone else who can make a custom patch? I have a pic of it in the thread of course along with some of the crew who sported the A2 with the patch. Again if you guys know anyone who can make a patch like this I would truly appreciate and it would mean a lot to me. Heres a pic of the emblem and here's a link of a squadron with the patch on their jackets. I cant tell if its leather painted or embroidered so here is a link. The forum couldn't process the image because it was too big

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1st_Weather_Reconnaissance_Squadron_B-17_&_Crew.png

1st weather.jpg

rustles

New in Town
Welcome to TFL!

My first thought would be to contact Aero leather on the off chance they have an embroidered version, and then if that fails, contact Josh and get a painted leather one custom made.
https://m.facebook.com/pg/JoshsFlightJackets/photos/

Thank you so much. i forgot about him and I just messaged him honestly I could do either embroidered or leather. I messaged them both and I hope to get a great response soon!

seres

A-List Customer
Johnny Signor from Palm Bay, Florida, made 2 custom leather patches for me several months ago. Beautiful work, and it cost less than I expected. I don’t know if he is on Fedora Lounge, but he goes by EMBLEMHUNTER on VLJ. And check his group "WW2 Leather Sqd/Group Patches" on Facebook.

Cocker

Practically Family
There's a group on FB called "Reproduction A-2 flight jacket patches", were numerous artists expose their job. Great way to check out what different people can do, and pick the one you'll like best!

Brettafett

One Too Many
And then theres Sean Collins <milstuff1967@gmail.com> He makes all the leather patches for Eastman and Bill Kelso and the like, only top quality stuff here. He also has an Ebay page... Cant remember what that is though, but his stuff is on there.

rustles

New in Town
Hey everyone thank you so much for the advice and people to contact for the patches. I reached over to josh;s flight jackets where he said he can pencil draw it and have a friend of his scan it and print it on a piece of leather patch for me. I am very excited to get this put together and ill post a pic once its all done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ