Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

about B3 hides

Baron Enski

Familiar Face
I was wondering who makes the best WW2 sheepskin hides copy
Eastman or Real McCoy or did it very from war time maker to maker any way?

John Lever

One Too Many
This is a moot point at the moment as many feel the the current dull papery finishes from Eastman are lifeless. The older jackets have a softer more glossy finish.
RMNZ have very nice hides but the demise of Fenland may draw this era to a close.
My advice would be to obtain samples and make your own decision.

Baron Enski

Familiar Face
Thanks John I already have a mono tone Eastman B3 with a brass talon zip I got around the early 1990 s was after a 2 tone

767fo

One of the Regulars
This is a moot point at the moment as many feel the the current dull papery finishes from Eastman are lifeless. The older jackets have a softer more glossy finish.
RMNZ have very nice hides but the demise of Fenland may draw this era to a close.
My advice would be to obtain samples and make your own decision.

John, Do you know if the Few will still be offering the South African Marino? I plan on buying a B6 from JC for next season. I think he is getting his skins from within the U.S. I look forward to seeing your new redskin B3.

John Lever

One Too Many
John, Do you know if the Few will still be offering the South African Marino? I plan on buying a B6 from JC for next season. I think he is getting his skins from within the U.S. I look forward to seeing your new redskin B3.[/QUOTE
I have been told that The Few use a NZ tannery now and had stopped using Fenland before thy went bust.
The B-3 and B-6 arrived yesterday. The B-6 sadly is not as nice as the one you sold to me, but perhaps it will improve with wear.
The B-3 is just breathtaking with the Warhorse facings. I had always aspired to a Liberator but could not justify the outlay. I am glad I waited because this looks better.
Pics later weather permitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred