Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aces High irvin Battle of Britain 42/44 chest

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Just a gauge of interest at the moment, pm if you want more info or are looking to buy.

Ive got a new, unused Aces High Irvin Battle of Britain irvin. No pics at the mo but it's identical to model on the aces High website at £1200. Chest is marked as 44, I'm a 42 and it's perfect with a decent amount of room for a shirt or sweater. Rear length works out at 26" and sleeves are near 26" which means for me at 5'11 with an average arm length they don't ride up when holding a steering wheel or riding a motorcycle and leave your wrists exposed.

As mentioned it's brand new, unworn and absolutely incredible, I've owned and original and an eastman and the Aces High is pretty much what you would have got if you had signed one out of the QM's stores in 1940 right down to the white cloth sack it comes in. I'm looking for £700 cash to cover getting a longer torso jacket made for motorcycle riding. I can pretty much deliver to most places in southern to mid England and South through mid Wales. I'm on a trip to Scotland shortly so could possibly deliver en-route.

PM if interested or for further details

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Yep, I'm actually thinking of hanging on to it now, its long enough in the body. If I go longer it might suit the motorcycle but may be a little impractical for everyday use.

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
That one went surprisingly low, John ($490): kicked myself for missing it.

Don't kick yourself, I made a cheeky offer of 400 UK pounds, the seller accepted it, relisted it and I bought it 10 seconds later. To be honest until it landed on my doormat I was expecting it to be a scam. I think it was sold as used but it doesn't appear to have been worn, the fleece hasn't flattened in any of the places you would see if it had been worn.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
will sell my 44" Aces High pre-war soon
My 46" was offered here without much success, maybe the 44" will do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy