Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ads on the FL

koopkooper

Practically Family
I think it's a great idea. Afterall this site does cost money.
However I think that the type of products need to be looked at very carefully.

decodoll

Practically Family
I don't mind if it helps keep Fedora Lounge going. It would be nice if the ads were for vintage and retro places and products if possible. :)

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'm OK with ads. They pay the bills, and if they're for vendors who offer or support products that FL members use, I think it actually improves services to the members. Let me offer a suggestion for how links can be displayed...one other forum I belong to is the Fender Forum http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html. They have a number of sponsors and display their links at the top of each page.

I have no problem with sponsors (as long as they don't drive the forum content), and graphically it would be easy to add a single row of buttons (smaller than the Fender Forum ones) under the Fedora Lounge logo and above the forum area. A healthy set of sponsorships are part of the natural environment for online sites like this one.

RedPop4

One Too Many
It is so nice to have a site here with no ads.
However, I pay enough for fast-access internet, that I'm not going to pay any more to join a site. I'll miss out.

If taking on sponsors is necessary to keep a site I frequent up and running, then so be it. The ads need not be intrusive, and won't be intrusive if they're kept small up there in the top right corner.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
We've been over this before...

If and when MK needs financial help to support the lounge, I'm sure he'll tell us. In the meantime, those of you who DO want to help defray the recently increased costs of hosting should purchase some of the fine FL merchandise that MK makes available for sale.

As some of you know, I'm having replica DC-3 and Stratoliner pins made up in .925 sterling. I'm giving these to MK at cost and would still like to see some more of ya'll express and interest in these. The tentative price is $25 each or $45 for both (or two of the same one).

Colonel Z.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
we do have a classified thread already. It seems there would be too many 'outsiders' coming in just to sell us something other than joining in

Radioflyer

New in Town
I've been searching for a list of those members who do offer services like rebuilding, repair, sales of hats but can't find any. I like to buy hats and would rather support members of this string. I don't like ads but would love to see a simple list of links to those offering hats and services...but no ads. Just my vote...

rf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21