Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
I have lots of travel pics, but no scanner to scan them with. So a recent digital pic to Salem New Hampshire at America's Stonehenge

nothappynicky.jpg

No my son was not happy at all to learn about moss, was tired and wanted to go home, long day for him. Yes that's my vintage ac/dc shirt!!

Bergmann

New in Town
This is my first post. I'm up here in Alaska. Pretty much all the gear I use in the mnts here is vintage or repro vintage in nature..other then where extreme safety is a concern. I E Bunny boots in -30 weather...

This is me on a peak I made this winter wearing wool and an anorak with various other pieces of kit of a vintage nature..

P1010060.jpg

Another one in a frozen river valley..Wearing vintage kit..Yes thats an AK..Bear are up early this year..

P1010051-4.jpg

Last edited:

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
You hunt bears with an AK-47? That sounds hilariously fun. Great first post, and welcome to the Lounge!

In Albania (Europe), handgun licenses are extremely hard to acquire, yet AK-47s are easily bought and maintained as they are considered "hunting weapons!"
The argument? "Wild boars are a meter (about 3ft) tall and have six inch tusks. They travel in groups and will not hesitate to attack you for no apparent reason."

Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many
Yep, Bergmann I believe you are correct! Looks like a 91/30(?). Yes, please tell more!!!!

Giftmacher,
Ever have problems with unexploded ordinance in that area??????

Renault

Heeresbergführer

Familiar Face
Grüetzi bei Gott Bergkamerad Gijoe,

Great photos in the Alps!! Very similar to my trek in the French Alps last summer.

Question for you...What is the jacket you are wearing below? Is it a repro or original.

Berg Heil,
Patrick

Today high in the Mountains 2640m ( 8660 Ft.)
On the backway a group peoples mistook me as Brad Pit ( Heinrich Harrer Seven Years in Tibet)

Giftmacher

One Too Many
You are right, it was Mosin-Nagant model 1944. I have found it year ago in a former WWII. Soviet camp near my home town. That place was relatively clear; few German buckles, wound badge in silver, Soviet silver medal for bravery and few silver coins. That rifle was the only gun found there.
Problems with ordinance were in locality aprox. 6 miles from there (F1 and RG 42 grenades, 82mm mortar shells and 76mm tank rounds)
Pyrotechnist carried it all away. Here are some of mine finds from there:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Grüetzi bei Gott Bergkamerad Gijoe,

Great photos in the Alps!! Very similar to my trek in the French Alps last summer.

Question for you...What is the jacket you are wearing below? Is it a repro or original.

Berg Heil,
Patrick

Hello Patrick!

GIJoes coat is a reproduction put out by What Price Glory. It is their US Army Mountain Troop Jacket.
http://onlinemilitaria.com/shopexd.asp?id=85&bc=no

If i recall correctly you posted quite a bit on the Gebirgsjaeger section of the WWII Axis Reenactment Forum. I used to lurk over there looking for a good Windjacke reproduction and the Mountain Anorak. So far it seems that the ebay reproductions like from HIKI Shop are not the best. How about from Spearhead? Are they worth the effort? Not so much for accuracy but for practical usage.
And, if you have not been welcomed properly, Welcome to the Lounge!

Cheers!

Dan

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Yes the Jacket, is a WPG US Mountain Jacket. The Fabric is very good, i dont like the Integral Backpack and the Suspenders. The weigth is bit on the heavy side and the zipper to flimsy. I still look for the "Perfect" Mountain Jacket. The German Gebirgsjäger is a very good construction but the fabric of my repro is not the best. I have a Norwegian Jacket from the 50s, similar to the German Jacket. Perfect made from cotton duck with vintage high armeholes and in a civilain color......... but in the Shoulders a size too small for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy