Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats - anyone ordered from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1BAT4U

New in Town
bendingoak said:
Thats a Limited edition CS Tony Nowak Jacket. He does the distressing himself. He did a fantastic job because he doesn't touch the stitching at all.

Coool! Looks great.

P.S. Today marks the TWO year anniversary of the day I ordered my Adventurebilt Fedora back on March 11, 2008. Hopefully my wait will be over soon!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Unequivocally & Unambiguously Unsane!

No how, no way, not a snowball's chance in a blast furnace will I ever pay SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY BUCKS for a hat. Not anyone's hat. Not a hat made from a piece of the one true cross. Not a hat made from Aristotle's robe. Not a hat made from the pages of Action Comics #1, a T206 a Honus Wagner baseball card and a Gutenberg Bible. No matter it's extraordinary attributes or rarefied and exceptional provenance... AND then wait two years for the privileged opportunity to wear said hat. No. Not with a fox. Not in a box. That dawg don't hunt. Period. Paragraph.

1BAT4U

New in Town
Rick Blaine said:
No how, no way, not a snowball's chance in a blast furnace will I ever pay SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY BUCKS for a hat. Not anyone's hat. Not a hat made from a piece of the one true cross. Not a hat made from Aristotle's robe. Not a hat made from the pages of Action Comics #1, a T206 a Honus Wagner baseball card and a Gutenberg Bible. No matter it's extraordinary attributes or rarefied and exceptional provenance... AND then wait two years for the privileged opportunity to wear said hat. No. Not with a fox. Not in a box. That dawg don't hunt. Period. Paragraph.

Well as you'll see, most of us on this forum who purchased an Adventurebilt did not pay $650. I paid $350, therefore the long wait. You get what you pay for, and quality costs. Just take a look at a belstaff leather jacket or an armani suit. If you've ever seen that kind of quality in person you'll start to understand why the price tag that goes along is that high, but also why it's fair. Steven Delk is not an assembly line, and therefore does not have assembly line prices. These are for the die hard fan or hat enthuthiest ONLY and not marketed to the general public for that reason.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine said:

Most of the folks on the waiting list actually grabbed theirs at around the $250 price point. I got mine at $400, which I consider to be a more than fair price, considering that an Optimo hat comes in at $550 (right?) and other custom hats can cost upwards of $300. Steve's are truly hand made and made to last a lifetime.

And oh, it's THE Indy hat.

To each his own though.

Bruce Wayne

jlee562 said:
Rick Blaine said:

Most of the folks on the waiting list actually grabbed theirs at around the $250 price point. I got mine at $400, which I consider to be a more than fair price, considering that an Optimo hat comes in at $550 (right?) and other custom hats can cost upwards of $300. Steve's are truly hand made and made to last a lifetime.

And oh, it's THE Indy hat.

To each his own though.

Also, if you pay the $650, you get your hat in six weeks or less.

Rick Blaine

jlee562 said:
That's true as well.

The price raise, Steve has said, was basically to curb demand.

waylon-smithers.gif

* Mr. Burns: (chuckles) And to think, Smithers, you laughed when I bought TicketMaster. "Nobody's going to pay a 100% service charge."
Smithers: Well, it's a policy that ensures a healthy mix of the rich and the ignorant, sir.

Tone

A-List Customer
What's the going rate for a custom beaver fedora from Vintage Silhouettes or Buckaroo Hatters? They make high-quality, hand-crafted, classic fedoras from the same felt manufacturer, don't they?

bendingoak

Vendor
Tone said:
What's the going rate for a custom beaver fedora from Vintage Silhouettes or Buckaroo Hatters? They make high-quality, hand-crafted, classic fedoras from the same felt manufacturer, don't they?

There are other factors beside just where you get your felt.

Tone

A-List Customer
Nope. No suggestions. Looks exactly like what the FED IV does there; but, really, it's whether or not YOU like how it looks and if it seems right to you. Noticed the Stetsons and Lees in your collection, btw. Nice!

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
I just asked for a general Raiders/Idol grab scene crease. Nothing too difficult like the Cairo bash (yes, bash lol). It might help if I took a picture from straight ahead.

swisslet

New in Town
AB deluxe update

Hello everyone.

Thought I'd chip back into this thread with an update on my ABD. I actually ordered mine on 7th July 2008 and found out today that I'm next onto the block. That's quite a wait, but hopefully it will all be worth it when that baby finally lands on my doorstep.

Since I ordered (and paid), Marc's prices have almost doubled (like Steve's) and the GB£ has collapsed against the Euro, so I feel like I'm getting quite the bargain, all things considered......

Good things come to those who wait (and if anyone ordered from Marc around the same time as I did... you're nearly there! Always good to have an idea where you are in the queue, right?)

Graemsay

Practically Family
My brother and I ordered a brace of Adventurebilt Deluxes in April or May 2008, and they finally arrived at the weekend. So the timing is similar to Swisslet's.

I think that Marc's got an assistant now, and had something of a delay due to moving jobs and rebuilding his hat workshop. He now seems to be cranking through the orders.

No hat pics as yet. I'm in the Netherlands any my hat is in the UK.

I

Ian

Aye, originaly Marc was on his own. He had a guy called Stefan handle the AB Henrys from Europe (whilst John Penman is selling them over the pond)

Now Marc is back in full force and he's got Stefan on board with the AB Deluxes as well. From his post on COW, it seems AB Deluxe is back to full fighting strength. :)

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy