Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on Whiets's Boots sizeing

Cole

One of the Regulars
I'm about to order a pair of White's Classic Workboots from Baker's and are somewhat alienated by their sizeing advice.

I wear a size 11D in my Red Wing Rugged boots and after sending in a tracing of my feet Baker's recomendet I order size 9E.

I know the White's may run a little larger, but 2 whole sizes? Even with Baker's fit guarantee it would be a pain to ship them back to the US from Germany (about 60$) and to explain the whole thing to the suckers at customs, when they get hold of the return and want to charge import VAT on the replacements.

So, does anyone have experience with this and can tell me if this could realy be, that I have to go 2 sizes down?

Thanks in advance.

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Cole, in hamburg is a store that sells whites boots
Vater und sohn, they might help u out.
For me, redwing and my semi drees are the same size

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I believe the Classic Work Boot is built on the C461 last, no? Anyway, if I understand that last it's nearly identical to the #55 (maybe a wee bit roomier), but with an upturned toe. I mention this because i just completed my sizing odyssey on the #55 last via Baker's. I'm a US 10D on a brannock, and pretty much always consider 10D as my "true size". My original order was a 10D. I thought this would be good as I own a perfectly fitting pair of Whites Smokejumpers (lace to toe). However, I found the #55 to fit a half size too large. Thank The Lord for Baker's and their guaranteed fit program, because they took the return and I was able to reorder. I debated and debated about whether or not to order the next size down in a D or E width. To answer this question, they sent me a pair of SJs on the same last in a 9.5D. Man they were tight on the instep and ball of my foot. Accordingly, I ordered a 9.5E. Fit is perfect. My rule for the #55 last, which is also referred to as the standard "semi-dress" last, is to order down and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy