Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 15142 (PICS & measurements)

Brettafett

One Too Many
Here it is, my pride and Aero 15142. The only A-2 I currently own. (In Classifieds see below)

Size 40 with 0.5 added to body. Made by Edith at Aeroleatherclothing Scotland at the end of 2008.
Seal Jerky HH with beautiful patina, mid brown knits, mustard lining and OD thread. Std talon zipper.

For reference, I am 5'10 +, weigh around 160 (73 kgs), slim build.
Measurements:
Armpit to armpit - 22.75",
Sleeve length - 25.5",
Back length - 26.5",
Windflap - 22.25",
Zipper 21.5",
Shoulder to shoulder - 18.5"

I have placed this jacket in the Classifieds to fund my next jacket, so if you are interested, there are be more pics and details there.

67805ca1.jpg

465dec32.jpg

fb26bcf0.jpg

4a08df35.jpg

eb5e6554.jpg

8c699249.jpg

5dbcf4d2.jpg

Last edited:

Brettafett

One Too Many
Well, dunno man, that looks great on you. How about getting a second job instead of selling??? ;)
What's the next jacket? Good luck.

Ha! I know right. I have sat on this since the beginning of the year, didn't even consider it until then. I thought I'd found my 'final' A-2.
Its taken while and some bucks, but I have the measurements and 'fit' right with Aero.
I will test the 'sale' waters....

I have been obsessing over a Russet jacket for some time, I really liked my Aero Bronco in smooth russet HH, it was just a touch short on my arms and you know how that can bug you... So I have been considering, the same jacket above, but in Smooth Russet OR another Bronco.

So, I guess the only reasons I can think of for selling is:
a) The opportunity of visiting Aero at the end of the year and walking out with a jacket is a no-brainer... and I just can't justify another £490 and 2 A-2s in the closet...
b) The obsession of acquiring that 'NEW' jacket.... [no its not a disease, but I know you guys understand ;-]
Am I crazy?

Not crazy. Well, no more than anyone else here :eeek:
I picked my 50's HBD up in Galashiels last November. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Do it.
Broncos are one of my favorite. I have one now, and another "incoming". For me though, I prefer the jerky or rougher looking hides. Just not as much character with the smooth (my opinion only). The jacket you have there really looks great. I'd get that second job... :)

Brettafett

One Too Many
I picked my 50's HBD up in Galashiels last November. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Do it.
Broncos are one of my favorite. I have one now, and another "incoming". For me though, I prefer the jerky or rougher looking hides. Just not as much character with the smooth (my opinion only). The jacket you have there really looks great. I'd get that second job... :)

Thinking of selling the car. May just keep it anyway, go to Scotland, get another jacket and then worry about the finances. Hell, I've backpacked before, can live on beans again....:D

Brettafett

One Too Many

Say... whats incoming?Another Bronco? What specs....?

trapp

Practically Family
Brettafett, I was joking about the layaway, but it's kind of you to invite a discussion about the possibility. Your jacket looks amazing and the dimensions seem to match other jackets that fit me (not sure how that could be since I am a hair shorter and 20 pounds heavier). But my first A2 is probably 2 or 3 jackets down the road. I'm working w/Amanda on a highwayman right now and don't need to get too far ahead of myself. Good luck with the sale--the jacket will make someone very happy.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Brettafett, I was joking about the layaway, but it's kind of you to invite a discussion about the possibility. Your jacket looks amazing and the dimensions seem to match other jackets that fit me (not sure how that could be since I am a hair shorter and 20 pounds heavier). But my first A2 is probably 2 or 3 jackets down the road. I'm working w/Amanda on a highwayman right now and don't need to get too far ahead of myself. Good luck with the sale--the jacket will make someone very happy.
No worries... Amanda is great isn't she!

ButteMT61 has a philosophy about jackets........"one in, one out."When he decides to implement it is anyone's guess!Feel the love Scott!
Always. I think it comes partly from boredom too. If I can't wear 'em, why not try one - if it doesn't work out, sell it. I did a good job this year so far. I think I've sold four. Maybe five.

Brando11

A-List Customer
I'll chip in here- I was fortunate enough to buy a Schott jacket from Butte here last winter, and it has become my favorite by far. Even more than my Aero.

Great guy to work with, and very knowlegeable.

I'll chip in here- I was fortunate enough to buy a Schott jacket from Butte here last winter, and it has become my favorite by far. Even more than my Aero.Great guy to work with, and very knowlegeable.
Thank you sir! I'm glad you're still enjoying that one. I have to laugh - my first "real" jacket was my Aero Bronco A-2 that I got from another forum/member, and it's still my favorite jacket too. It made me really enjoy the forums and buying/selling to people I "know". I usually come out even on jackets, with shipping, etc. Sometimes I might make ~$25-40, but I try to keep the profit margin low so someone else can enjoy a good jacket for a decent price - without the crappy ebay fees. I'd rather see a jacket go to someone cool who appreciates it than make more money using ebay.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Thank you sir! I'm glad you're still enjoying that one. I have to laugh - my first "real" jacket was my Aero Bronco A-2 that I got from another forum/member, and it's still my favorite jacket too. It made me really enjoy the forums and buying/selling to people I "know". I usually come out even on jackets, with shipping, etc. Sometimes I might make ~$25-40, but I try to keep the profit margin low so someone else can enjoy a good jacket for a decent price - without the crappy ebay fees. I'd rather see a jacket go to someone cool who appreciates it than make more money using ebay.
What a man! Good on ye...
Also, the 'one in, one out' has kinda been my philosophy.... I had a stage where I had a few jackets in the closet and found I'd only wear one favourite, so I eventually sold the others... (in fact I was wearing an old CWU45 almost all the time, it was just so comfy)....
Although, the idea of having one Seal and one Russet A-2, my B-10 and a G-1/ M-442A is beginning to appeal.... then I can wear any type of trousers and there'll be a jacket to match ;-0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland