Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1920s Original Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumbline

One Too Many
I guess this comes as no surprise Schitz .. but it's way too short for my taste and too neat as well ..... but then I'm in the " big as a circus tent" category compared to some ... in fact sloanie and the major had a good chuckle at a clown picture ( The Major\) posted re. my M422 which I thought was too small :D My barometer is can I move my arms freely, can I reach in front ( like holding the bars of my bike) and it dosn't ride up or pinch in the armpit and it doesnt pinch on my bicept.

The general rule is ... if it feels right for you, then it is right for you ...... and as you say it feels right for you.

Great leather and nice and grainy, when that gets wet the grain is gonna explode :D ...... as the diner man says though it's more 30's than 20's ( perhaps the 20's term refers to the fit/cut).

Wear it well mon ami .... can I be so bold as to suggest it needs some crocs to really generate a response :D :D :D :D

Cord lining will be nice and cosy in the autumn :D

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the opinions chaps, it's interesting. Do please Keep em coming. As far as I can tell, I don't think Insurrection like em this length.. Carrie?

Most of our customers aim for the length on a half belt to go to the base of their belt in the back...it isn't a historically accurate half belt length (half belts were much shorter, for the most part), but it's what people feel comfortable in. However, with that said, the fit of yours looks great...just a tad longer in the body and arms than how these were originally made to fit...I like it a lot!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've no idea but if you're sayings 30s then I believe it was in fact released in the 30s! What do you think about the length of mine?

EDIT: perhaps because they already offer a '1930s halfbelt'

Looks good. The body and sleeves look a tad long for the way they were worn at the time. People who are more into modern jackets may say the opposite.

Wow, I hadn't seen it in color before!!!
Great one DM
One thing I've noticed on vintage ones is that they are 23.5" long.
So in the old days, length included a 2" collar. Oh to find a vintage Extra Long one in a 38 or 40....

Last edited:

pauleway

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket. Really nice grain showing already. A little too short in length for me, but just remember "It's not how you feel, it's How you look, and you look Marvelous"! You asked for opinions, and "The Dude Abides"!!!::cool::D

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
1935 - the model is introduced

After 1939, the model was changed, with side adjusters in line withe the half-belt. Standard length on these was 25-1/2".
Think of the comments you'd receive here if you wore the sleeves at the length shown in all of these ads.

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many
Nice jacket mate, my favourite pattern from Aero's recent designs. Can't believe how quickly the grain is showing, should be a killer when it's broken in. As for fit, it's such a personal thing but I would choose more length in the body and sleeves. As it stands it's probably period correct so, if you're comfortable with it, enjoy and wear it to death :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Dinerman, thanks for those! I found it very interesting that the adds promote 25.5 inches at the back...that seems long compared to the current stock sizes of the Aeros?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Those 1930's jackets at 25.5 inches long and worn by men of average height for the time, 5'8 - 5'9, makes them much longer jackets than I previously thought.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those 1930's jackets at 25.5 inches long and worn by men of average height for the time, 5'8 - 5'9, makes them much longer jackets than I previously thought.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I keep hearing that trousers were higher waisted and jackets were thus worn more cropped but even 23.5 (not including the collar) for someone 5'8-9" isn't as short as a lot of the "repo" jackets being offered today.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Yeah thats what I was thinking, I keep hearing that trousers were higher waisted and jackets were thus worn more cropped but even 23.5 (not including the collar) for someone 5'8-9" isn't as short as a lot of the "repo" jackets being offered today.

I wonder whether the "Japanese fit" has also affected some of the repro sizings and fits over recent years, especially when you consider that they are big consumers of vintage style reproduction leather.

zhz

Practically Family
I know some one who had a Japanese fit Aero, as I've been told, the Japanese fit is slimmer but not shorter.

I wonder whether the "Japanese fit" has also affected some of the repro sizings and fits over recent years, especially when you consider that they are big consumers of vintage style reproduction leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff