Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero and Eastman A2 fit.

Flying Mariner

Familiar Face
Hi Guys...

I am approx 185 lbs, 44-45"" chest, 34" waist and varie between 5ft 9" and 5ft 11". (The reason my height varies is because I am a double below knee amputee and it depends how well my legs are fitting.) As a 17 year old, (twenty two years ago) I was 6ft tall when I had my RAF medical.
Being quite long in the body I tend to have to buy long sleeved tops, jumpers, jackets etc in a size larger than I need else they climb to much up my torso and arms.

I posted on this forum for the 1st time last week, having just taken delivery of a Eastman A2 cable raincoat in size 44 Long.
It's a very nice jacket and is just starting to soften up and mould to my body shape.
I was initially concerned that going for the "Long" version would make it look too big, however my concerns were unfounded.
The Eastman is very comfortable with just a thin T-shirt underneath and perfect in the arm length and "just" acceptable in the body length.
I have just ordered a Aero "Real Deal" 42-15142-P Type A-2 Unmatched Horsehide and have gone for a 46" chest to give me a bit more body room and asked for a extra 1.5" inches in the arm length and a extra 2.5 " in the body length. This was after consulting Amanda on the standard sizes and being told each additional chest size only increased the length of a jacket by 0.5".
I would appreciate any opinions on the sizing of the "Aero Real Deal" from any of you Loungers with experience.
I know that A2 fit has been discussed on here a lot and I like my jackets smart looking and not to baggy but certainly not tight and short fitting.
Incidentally I have a Cooper A2 sized 46 Long and it fits very comfortably especially when worn within the constraints of the cockpit of my Skyranger aircraft.
Best regards,
Wayne.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner