Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Badalassi Offering

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Some Chestnut Badalassi progress pics. Just indoor wear. Not outside time yet, and already so much transformation.

New (day 1)
View attachment 456079

Two weeks ish later. I got some scuff marks on the sleeve (my left). Fear not, a little light brush and see next pic:
View attachment 456080

Tada, scratches gone. And the brushed area is a little darker. So reverse pull up? Lots of oil in this leather from factory. It will lighten and darken depending on how you wear it. I think the rich oil is why it squeaks but can be tamed. So many different shades in this leather it's quite amazing. It's also very forgiving leather. The only "bad thing" about it is that it has cow and bull parents, not horse. JK.

View attachment 456081
Awesome evolustion in such short time.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Are all these new Badalassi Aeros recent acquisitions? So many great jackets.
The chestnut one is from the sale page from the September sale. At £500 it's hard to say no to given the current exchange rates. I think everyone who picked up a Badalassi sale jacket up last month got a real good deal. They went fast too. I woke up check the sale page they were already gone, jackets that wasn't even there the night before.
Still hunting a Petrol Badalassi though...

borisna

A-List Customer
Anyone has a jacket made of the second batch (darker brown) of the chestnut Badalassi and can post some pics?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I've got one coming. Will post pics of it when it gets here.

Thurston has some in there thread I believe are from the new batch of chestnut. It's basically seal brown from what I understand.

borisna

A-List Customer
I've got one coming. Will post pics of it when it gets here.

Thurston has some in there thread I believe are from the new batch of chestnut. It's basically seal brown from what I understand.
So do I! And I had last min doubts I chose the right color!
When is yours coming?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
So do I! And I had last min doubts I chose the right color!
When is yours coming?
It's done but it's part of a two jacket order and the other one is a FQHH that has Horween delays because I specifically asked for thinner hide. So hopefully soon.

I have both the russet and the tobacco brown. Russet has yellow organge shade in the brown and Tobacco has red shade in there, and I will assume the new chestnut is the brownest brown from what I tell by the Thurston photos. So my best guess is it'd be close to seal.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Good idea I will ask.
I'll grab a couple pics in the morning.
In the meantime a quick shot of a jacket I was measuring up today. (Some very quickly set sleeve creases)

Attachments

• 20230228_131936.jpg
    20230228_131936.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 160

marker2037

Practically Family
Thedi Leathers offers Badalassi.

I specifically asked Theodoros whether he could bring some badalassi hides because I never handled the leather and I was curious about the squeak, how bad it really is. I was somewhat surprised to hear that Theodoros never heard of the squeak issue.

I tried one of his Badalassi jackets and with normal wear it didn't squeak at all. Only when I tried really hard I was able to make it squeak, twisting my arm in such a way that the upper sleeve rubbed against the lower sleeve.

Maybe Aero uses hides that are finished differently? (Minerva vs Minerva Box which has a more pebbly grain)

Or maybe Thedi's construction techniques differ from Aero's? (Tighter stitching at the seams, applying glue, I don't know I'm just guessing here)

Badalassi swatches and jacket

View attachment 455517
View attachment 455516

View attachment 455515
Damn Marc, this was the exact model I was planning on ordering from Thedi last year until life got in the way. I would order it shorter though, but damn, it's incredible on you.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@borisna
IMG_9527.jpg

I think the A2 jacket at the top right corner is seal vicenza or some seal horsehide. So in comparison the new chestnut is a bit lighter to start off I guess. But in my experience all the Badalassi leathers darkens a bit. The petrol one literally changes colors from what I've seen.
A few more photos:
IMG_9528.jpg
IMG_9529.jpg
IMG_9530.jpg

The new chestnut looks to be the brownest of all the brown shade badalassi. I should get it sooner than I expected, will post some pics against the brown CXL for comparison when I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112